The natural sweetness of Pecan is accentuated by a rich, creamy Vanilla topping. The end result is a unique All Black Cavendish.

Blended ByCarl McAllister
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringPecan, Vanilla
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Unnoticeable, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
Longstreet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Longstreet (3)

This was an impulse purchase from a local cigar shop, I was obviously in the mood to buy some pipe tobacco. It smelled good in the jar. The ounce I bought was bone dry as I don't imagine they sell much pipe tobacco. I tried it tonight and found it lacking in most respects. It had somewhat of a unique taste that best I can describe was sort of a nutmeg cinnamon taste with sort of the strange aftertaste of a clove cigarette. The was some bite and sort of an an acid taste as well. I imagine if it had been any more most the bite would have been significant.

Pipe Used: Edward's EF1 Algerian briar

Age When Smoked: Unknown but not fresh

Purchased From: Local cigar store

StageCarp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
StageCarp (4)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

Does burn hot. I had to resort to slow sips out of a small cob. Tasty upon initial light up, flattens there after, leading me to "search" for the flavor with partial inhaling thru the nose while exhaling....well, more like pushing the smoke out of one's mouth... you know what I mean. The butter pecan flavor reappeared with this method.Not a bad puff once I followed the learning curve... but proceed with caution! I will try it cut a bit by blending with a little Lane BCA ... (originally wrote "Virginia"...mistake!... do NOT add another hot-tending tobacco!..... but that's not this review. Guardedly recommended. Update: 30 percent or so BCA added helped squelch the flames, but shouldn't need it. still standing by my guarded recommendation....

Pipe Used: MM Legend. filters be damned!

Age When Smoked: 3 weeks from purchase

Purchased From:

BigNick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigNick (54)
Mild to Medium Medium Very Mild Tolerable

It was a give and take tobacco. I enjoyed the aroma but it did not transfer into the smoke. It burned very hot. It was a scorching smoke from start to finish, and every time I smoked a new bowl. The tobacco did not mellow after a year, after drying it out it only burned hotter and began to crackle much more frequently. Despite this problem, I really enjoyed the initial puffs of a new bowl. They had a sweet nutty flavor and it worked well with the burly tobacco and it's natural properties. After the first few puffs it just went bland. Despite this bland flavor, it was at least consistent throughout the whole bowl. It being bland was not necessarily all that terrible. However, when expecting sweet butter pecan, a bland burly flavor is not particularly desired. All in all, not necessarily recommended.

Pipe Used: AKB Block Meerschaum, Aldo Velani

Age When Smoked: 3 days to 1 year

Purchased From: Davidoff of Geneva at the Venetian Hotel and Casino

Similar Blends: Troost - Aromatic Cavendish.

sjaltus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sjaltus (1)
Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Just received this on 10/5/12 and smoked in a Barling Block Meerschaum. This burned so hot I could not hold the pipe at one point and wanted to soak my tongue in ice water. Can't comment on the flavor due to my taste buds being scorched. Perhaps I'll mix in a mild black cavendish to see about taming it down and getting some sense of the flavor. Then again, I may not bother.