This blend consists of a mixture of Kentucky leaf, fragrant Burley, a small portion of Latakia and a pinch of Black Cavendish. This blend provides the smoker with a smooth, tangy and sweet taste.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Tobacco
ContentsBurley, Kentucky, Black Cavendish, Latakia
Strength
Taste
2.2
Medium Very Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

There is latakia present ,but way in the baackground.It has that Erinmore quality to it which i personally do not like. A very fruity and biting blend.On top of all this it is hot and leaves your mouth feeling like you just spritzed yourself with cologne by mistake .Take a Pass.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I bought Sam Malloy’s Extra Stout on a lark when a popular online retailer was selling them for a song. After reading the reviews, I was all set for a less than optimal smoke. Upon opening my tin of Sam Malloy’s my nose was greeted with a very fruity topping so I loaded up a pipe reserved for aromatics. First and foremost, I am not sure where the “Extra Stout” part of the name comes from as I tend to think of something more robust. With that said, maybe because of my low expectations, I thought SM’s was better than billed. I am wondering if the name leads some to believe that this is not an aromatic as there is nothing on the tin that indicates that fact. I know I didn’t know. Its listed here as a broken flake, but mine was mainly ribbons. It reminds me a lot of the less than easy to obtain (in the US) Schurch’s “Lapis” blend, although Lapis is IMO a better blend. This is a dry burning aromatic that can burn too warm if pushed. Like most aromatics, it will ghost a pipe. At the end of the day, this blend isn’t for me, but it is a decent aro and on that basis, I would recommend it for aro smokers that enjoy Danish style aromatics.

Similar Blends: "Lapis" buy Schurch, but not as good as Lapis..

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

Reminds me of a better version of Field and Stream. Very perfumey, but doesn't bite. If you like Mixture 79 or Field and Stream, you'd probably enjoy this. I don't like either of them.

Southern Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Southern Smoke (5)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

This has got to be the nastiiest tasting pipe tobcco I've ever smoked...I thought Mac's Seven Seas was like smoking your Christmas cokies, well...this so called pipe tobacco must of been cased in a "Left Bank" call girl's EAU DE PARFUM. WARNING: Don't smoke this in one of your very best briars cause you'll never get the taste out of the pipe. If you "MUST" try this blend, then please go to your local drug store and get a cheap cob to try it in. (P.S. If there's any Lakakia in this stuff I can't taste it.)

This is the best aromatic tobacco I've smoked to this day. The flavour is rich, intense but pleasant and interacts well with the tobaccos used. It reminds me of Rum & Maple I smoked many years ago. The bad thing is that the flavour stays in the pipe for many smokes after, so be careful to choose a pipe in which you don't usually burn a Virginia!

The Rev Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Rev (2)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a wonderful crossover tobak. I would recommend it to cigar smokers who are used to alot of flavor in their smoke.

The nicotine level is low, compared to the full flavor and strength (as I discovered upon accidentally inhaling the first light puff).

I like this tobak for its slight tang (reminiscent of the light sour beer tang in Guiness Stout, though I wouldn't say Sam Malloy's TASTES like Guiness), and spicy flavor. It is quite unique, without the artificiality of casings.

The Rev

ps. The Room Note rating is a guess, since the only other one here is the dog, and she won't tell me if she likes it. :)