Red and Golden Virginia tobaccos from US and Africa are the basis of this wonderful mixture. They are blended with double fermented, broad cut Black Cavendish as well as a hint of roasted Burley, refined with a delicious aroma of cookies and cream and a touch of espresso. The result is an irresistible pleasure for both your palate as well as your environment

BrandPeterson
FlavoringCoffee, Cream
CountryIE
Strength
Taste

LlewBlue Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LlewBlue (3)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I just cracked open a tin of Holiday Season 2010 as the cool weather has put me in a festive mood. After 4 years aging in the tin it was dry but not as dry as one might think. After a few week rehydrating, it was just as fresh as when it was packaged. As for the flavour, the espresso was very much in the forefront, followed by the creamy mouth feel. The "cookie" flavouring was conspicious by its absence but it was not missed as the other delicious flavours were more than delightful enough to make think that the cookie would have just been a "third wheel". This blend is good enough to make me hope that Peterson will one day decide to make this a permanent offering.

Pipe Used: Peterson System 305, Peterson D6 Churchwarden

Age When Smoked: 4 years old

Purchased From: Brick and mortar shop

bluedog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bluedog (19)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

a nice christmas smoke. reminds me a lot of peterson gold blend which i also like.

Riesling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Riesling (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

These ratings do not apply to the Holiday Season 2010, but to the Holiday Season 2011, wich I just smoked. Great tobacco, just like Peterson has used us to.

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (36)

Good aromatic. Room note is very nice just wish it translated more into the smoke. Gets a bit bland half way down the bowl. Good leaf. No bite

CLRV Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CLRV (14)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Well, I just got a tin in the mail this morning. I've been quite excited to try the blend and rushed to do so.

Tin Impression: First, the tin itself is beautiful. Peterson seems to understand that visual aesthetics are part of the pleasure for some of us. A keeper for the collection for sure. The tobacco itself is quite attractive as well, great contrast between the dark and light tobaccos. The pouch aroma is deep and almost chocolatey, with the cavendish jumping to the forefront.

First Smoke Impression: As others have said, this is a very light aromatic. I'm used to the "punch you in the face" aromatics like Stanwell's Melange, so this was a nice change of pace. The tobacco was very moist and took a bit to get lit; this in turn lead to heavy puffing and some pretty spectacular tongue bite right off the bat. However, once I got it going, the bite faded rapidly and I was left with a smokey cookies and cream. Thin smoke curls wafted the very delicate tobacco. A sipper for sure to get the most out of it.

Overall Thoughts:

I like it a lot. I'll be leaving the tin open over night to rectify the moisture issue which should take care of any problems I have with the tobacco. It clings slightly to the sweater; as I sit and type this I get the faint cookie/cream smell. I can't decide whether this blend would be best suited to a big broad pipe or a delicate small one; I tried it in my Peterson 80S for the first bowl. Probably going to load my Great Explorer Scott next and see if it helps the complexity and "wow" factor to have that huge deep bowl.

If you're looking for a hit you in the face aromatic, this isn't it. But for a delicate change of pace and a fairly complex smokey undertone, this is a good choice. Plus, it just feels "Christmasey"; maybe because of the package, maybe because of the sense memory undertones I have. I'm quite pleased with it and look forward to enjoying my tin over the next week or so.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I was impressed with this blend as compared to other of Peterson's limited edition offerings. Holiday Season 2010 offers a very light aromatic, pleasant and not over powering. My wife liked it. But, it lacked charater and tobacco flavor. I am used to so much more. That being said, it is a good high quality very-light blend. Not at all objectionable to me or those in the room. Just not enough tobacco flavor for me. I need more depth. Compared to other offerings from Peterson's, I would recommend this one for light aromatic tobacco smokers. This would be a perfect tobacco for the beginner pipe smoker. Smooth, no tongue bite, flavorful, but very light on the taste and room note. Not quite as described. I was expecting a heavier aroma. But, as is, not bad at all.

Bowhatchie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bowhatchie (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I agree with the other reviews to date. This is a very nice smoke and certainly carries the aroma from the tin to the room. Does need to be smoked slowly to enjoy the full flavor and pleasure of the smoke. In my book a great holiday pick!

Memsys Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Memsys (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was looking for a room pleaser for this Christmas season, and I think I found it. This is a well constructed blend that will not offend.

Packaging - The tin is very nice with a Christmas wreath on the lid. The tobacco is in a printed bag that can continued to be used for storage through out the season.

Tobacco - Appears to be a mix in both cut and color. Even without opening the tobacco gives off a very pleasant smell of cookies.

Smoke - This tobacco smokes quite well with few relights and little tending. I do have a bit of a moisture issue from time to time, but that is most likely due to my smoking rhythm and the pipe I use for aromatics. The taste is similar to the tin smell if you slow your puffing cadence.

Family - The family says the room note matches exactly to the tin description. I am getting no complaints.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

MAXYSDAD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MAXYSDAD (9)

peterson,s shot @ the fabled" Boswell christmas cookie blend"

Packs well , burns good , a little hot if you get carried away with the speed of puffs

Does taste biscuity /yummy- but ya know -it just needs an extra bit of oomph

Great tin!! Red door with christmas wreath on it-( well the tins a keeper) me thinks will finish the tabac this yule tide- yup,worth giving it a go .

24/3/11 update -just mixed dunhill navy rolls = more ooomph - great !

Best wishes for 2011 also much peace @ christmas time to all