Our Most Popular Blend. A cool smoking mixture of Burley, Virginia, and Black Cavendish combined with fruits and other flavor essences. Truly a special smoking experience.

BrandTinder Box
Blended ByPeter Stokkebye
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Nougat
Strength
Taste

2.3
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It's very sweet with a fair amount of nougat, some vanilla, a fruit flavor I can't ID, and barely any nuttiness from the burley. The Virginia is grassy, but all the tobaccos are sublimated by the toppings. The black cavendish is muted, but is responsible for the vanilla note. Has almost no nicotine. Won't bite, but gets a bit warm if not sipped. Burns clean at a moderate pace with a consistent flavor. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and needs an average number of relights. The after taste is okay. A working man's all day aromatic with a nice room note.

cwbristow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cwbristow (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is complimented on wherever I go. Even those who dislike any kind of smoke. It's a light smoke with almost no bite.

As an adolescent, one of my friends father smoked a pipe. Everyone loved the scent of it. When I got older (maybe 23 yrs old) I asked him one day what blend it was. It was North Sea. I immediately went and bought some because the room note was so pleasant.

This is much like "Nougat" blend of Peter Stokkebye, but my brother and I think this is the better of the two. Nougat has a little more bite, and the note not as good.

Pipe Used: Savanelli Roma

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: TinderBox

Similar Blends: Peter Stokkebye Nougat.

JoPo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JoPo (7)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

North Sea is appropriately named, when smoked it seems as though the entire North Sea is pouring through the stem of your pipe. The aroma of the tobacco is quite fruity but this is not apparent in the flavor. The main sensation is that of heat. I'm not a fan.

Pipe Used: Peterson Donegal 606

fiorano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fiorano (13)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I had a bag of this handed to me by a friend. it smelled like an English but was wonderfully sweet and inviting. I didn't get any bite, and enjoy a cool smoke to the white ash. Caramel notes and some nuttiness was in there but it felt like a good blend of flavors. I can't knock it, it may be not what everyone else is smoking but this was good and the note gets smiles all around. I will by some more of this. Smoked this in a Roma prince.