A true aromatic Danish Blend of choice bright
Virginia and flue-cured tobaccos flavored with a
Cognac base, using the traditional Cavendish
process.

1.8
Kribbage Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kribbage (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

A Tinder Box staple that actually works for me as a mixer. I think I have smoked straight Aalborg once, but have used it in a three equal parts mix of Skilling, Lamplighter, and Aalborg for years......more so when I was younger, but I still get a hankering for it.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I tried a couple of different times to like this tobacco, but eventually I realized it just wasn't going to work out for me. It's one of those tobaccos that smells better than it tastes. It's not awful; just too much of an acquired taste for me. Kind of flat, the sweetness dulled by the cognac, it's not unpleasant, but it's not very enjoyable either. There are tons of other danish types of tobaccos on the market. Save your money and smoke those instead.

jonnysmokestack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jonnysmokestack (1)
Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Pleasant

This tasted too much like a cigarette to me and disliked it. The small was great but the taste wasn't pleasant to me.

ArchtopBill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ArchtopBill (16)
Extremely Mild Very Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

I worked at a Tinder Box when this was originally introduced in the late 70's and Tinder Box International as well as the shop owner had high hopes for the stuff. The boss insisted all of us "enjoy" a couple ounces. At the time, my regular smoke was TBI's Philosopher that I beefed up with extra latakia, which was about as different from Aalborg as a tobacconist could get. (If the blend does not have latakia and/or perique, why smoke it?) I HATED it. It was essentially tasteless, bit like a snake and the bottom of the bowl would get as soggy as pond algae. Did I say I HATED it? I have no idea if TBI was able gain market share from the corner drug store with this stuff, but if you manage to come across any, do the pipe smoking universe a favor and dispose of it.

azguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
azguy (18)

Fond memories of this blend. Not your typical danish; less casing. Sweet but not cloying. The perfect blend when stuck in a town where a Tinderbox is the only store that sells a smokeable smoke.