Full-Bodied English blend, burley based set off by Virginia and Latakia.

BrandTinder Box
ContentsBurley, Latakia, Virginia
CountryUnknown
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong
3.7
Medium None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

I've always enjoyed this tobacco. It has a bit of complexity, and I like what the burley component brings to the dance. A little spice, lots of good smokey latakia, and high quality Virginia. It doesn't nip at your tongue, and is filling without being overwhelming. I think it's an underrated blend that doesn't seem to get noticed. I only give this 3 stars because I reserve 4 stars for Nightcap, Torina, Onyx, and a couple of other English blends that I tend to prefer over this. I could give this 3 and half stars and not feel that I'm overrating it. This is worth your money.

biggy1812 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
biggy1812 (2)
Mild None Detected Very Full Tolerable

For a long time smoker of the flavored tobacco Tinderbox Balkan is a good start in the English style blends it smokes slow and cool.At first the peppery Latakia is awesome the sweet Virginia's and woodsy Burley's kick in for a sweet creamy flavorful smoke.The blend is easy to pack not sticky or to dry it burns to a nice clean ash.In my pipes set aside for English blends it burns well with no gurgle and little need for cleaning.Smoke it slow and you will get no bite and the after taste is pleasant. This blend did fail the wife test though.

Bearthly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bearthly (1)
Very Mild None Detected Extra Full Pleasant to Tolerable

For the spicy, peppery Latakia lover! A nice spicy english/balkan with an extra jalapeno pepper thrown in for good measure. Smokes cool and burns clean. First hit is almost overwhelming with peppery latakia up front. Mid-way through the woodsy burleys and toasted virginias show up bathed in the spent vegetable fuel and ending with a charred earthy note. Unique and enjoyable, but being very mild in vitamin N, I always add a pinch of strong virginia or something complex. In comparison, Balkan Sasieni would be weaker in taste but stronger in nicotine. I smoke this daily.