Dark, flavorful and exotic.

Blended ByCarl McCallister

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (66)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Black Cavendish

Tin Notes: sweet cavendish aroma good moisture levels chunky pressed cuts which may need to be broken up a little before smoking (depending on the size of your pipe bowl)

Smoking: Not as sweet as you might think by the way it smells out of the tin, with a hints of smokey goodness. Seems to have a little bit of added flavor but not much. A very mild tobacco.....

Room Note is Great

My 5 Star Rating = 3

if you like black cav tobac you should try this

Pipe Used: Rock Cob, Corn Cob, Clay and Briar

Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Another black cavendish blend that has a toned down mellow vanilla taste, though I get a light honey note, too. This is one of the mildest bc blends I've ever smoked in terms of flavors and sweetness. It's also drier than your usual bc blend, so you need to take your time smoking it or it may burn hot. It get sweeter as you smoke it down, and near the end, I get a light fruit note. For people looking to smoke a less intense black cavendish.

Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

The cut of this tobacco is what I would call an irregular flake and not a ribbon. The tobacco came a little drier than most tinned tobacco, and that works for me. Others seemed to have had problems with it smoking hot, but I did not. There may be a temptation to puff it too fast to get some more flavor out, because it is very mild.

This is a black cavendish blend that I claim has no vanilla in the topping. I don't get any in the flavor profile and that makes it an unusual Black cavendish. There is a subtle sweet that may hint of fruit as the bowl progresses. The smoking experience is not complex or nuanced. It hits a single, simple note fairly well. Don't expect depth or edgy.

If you like black cavendish, you should try this. I recommended Black Swan, and I think I like this one a little more.

Mdisco3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mdisco3 (1)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

The one thing that stands out about this tobacco is how HOT it burns in the bowl, pipe gets very hot! Mild tobacco, mild tongue-bite, not a lot of flavor. I am not particularly impressed.

Shotbaker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shotbaker (2)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Wow! I could not disagree more with the previous reviewers on this one. I absolutely love this blend!! By far my favorite aromatic. I will admit that it does burn hot, but I have no problems with getting it to light or staying lite and the smell of this stuff is intoxicating. I have never smelled anything quite like it in an aromatic except for Sutliff's Black Swan which is very similar. Tabac Noir has a very unique, earthy sweet smell that is difficult to describe but a joy to inhale. I keep a tin on my desk at work and find myself cracking the lid and sniffing it throughout the day. When smoking this blend I find myself French Inhaling the smoke just to get a better whiff of it. Something I rarely do with any other blend. If you smoke aromatics and are looking for something different, I think it would be a shame for you to pass this one up due to negative reviews. I personally can't get enough of it, so this is obviously just a difference of taste.

Pfeifegeliebter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pfeifegeliebter (9)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This does burn hot. I enjoy it for a quick smoke in my Dublin with a small bowl. I think the room note on this is underated , I like the way you can tell it is there but it is not overpowering. I get very little tounge bite and for as dark as the blend is the flavor is very mild. Not my #1 choice but a decent blend for a quick smoke.

NA Morrison Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NA Morrison (32)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Mild Unnoticeable

it seamed to burn kinda hot really no matter what i did. the flavor was very very mild but had kinda had a sweet flavor. was going to mix with some bca to see if that will bring out the flavor of this blend a little better.

bosspipe1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bosspipe1 (2)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

This stuff smokes really hot, if you can manage to get it lit. it leaves awful tongue bite and leaves a bad aftertaste. honestly dont waste your time with it.