If ever there should be a blend worthy of the Roman God of Wine that blend is Bacchanalia. In consensus among wine connoisseurs and smokers alike, this fine Burley and Virginia blend is worthy of lasting admiration.

FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
Packaging1.5 oz Tin

Visit company website

Strength
Taste
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

The medium brown, lightly sweet Virginia acts mainly as a base for the mild earthy, nutty burley. The red wine topping is medium strength. Though it doesn't crowd out the other flavors, the wine taste is the high quality major player with some sweetness and some tangy tartness. Relaxing and smooth, burns well and cooly with no goop. This is a very comforting smoke that goes well with hot tea or coffee, but that's hardly a requirement for enjoyment. An all day smoke that leaves a very pleasant after taste, and keeps you interested in smoking it.

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (59)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Sutliff Private Stock Bacchanalia

Burley/Virginian Tobaccos

Tin Notes: Pleasant Fruity/Fermented or alcohol Aroma the tobacco is of good quality consistent cuts and color Good moisture Content - not overly wet

Smoking: The Tobacco burns good from start to finish. The flavoring additives make this a good Aromatic Blend. A Somewhat Fruity Wine taste . While i did enjoy this blend while smoking it in a briar personally i think that this is best enjoyed in a long stem clay tavern style pipe. Something with a small bowl for a short sweet smoke

Room Note is GREAT !

My 5 Star Rating = 3

Pipe Used: Corn Cob, Pipestone, Clay

Purchased From: sutliff

The Conde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Conde (17)

I really like the wine flavor of this tobacco. It probably isn't for everyone but it works for me. It burns smooth and stays lit without much work. The flavor is not chemical or have an artificial taste like I suspected. Room note nice, but not overpowering.Tin note smells like red wine, very pleasant all around smoke.

Rikowrites Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rikowrites (11)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

The Tin aroma exhibits a pleasant wine smell ---red wine perhaps. The tobacco needs a little air time to bring out its tangy and comforting taste. I am writing this in the middle of a heat wave and this is a nice summer time blend.

Ring88 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ring88 (9)

got a free tin of this at a local Brick and Mortar and have packed a pipe full of a nice smelling Areo its a good cut not a really big shag but still good and a light well it burns hot but not a big deal. good taste grape on the end I like it

CriolloCorojo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CriolloCorojo (16)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

This stuff tastes like garbage tobacco that has been cased with cheap wine, propylene glycol and only God and Sutliff know what other chemicals. If the Roman God of wine favored wine at a grade somewhere between Sutter Home and Boone's Farm, then the description is not over the top.

I wouldn't buy this again if it was a penny. You couldn't give me the stuff for free and get me to smoke it. If all pipe tobacco tasted like this, then I would just stick with cigars. I must say that some people obviously like this stuff. After trying three different bowls at different times to see if maybe my palate was just off (nope), I gave it to the guy who cuts my hair and told him he is welcome to just throw it away if he does not like it. The next time he cut my hair, I asked him if he liked it. He said it "did fine in a pinch." Personally, I would rather just smoke nothing if I ran out of good stuff. Thankfully, I have a considerable stash with a plethora of blends and won't miss this Bacchanalia stuff one bit.