Delicious mixture of Burley, Virginia, and Black Cavendish flavored with Peaches.

Blended ByCarl McCallister

2.4
Marker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marker (10)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Smoked this in a rock cob with various stages of drying.

Out of the tin it is a little moist. The tobacco is not goopy and looks like a regular burley/va/cav blend. Tin note is peaches that waft to your nose. The aroma doesn't assault the room, which is nice.

When first out of the tin it will smoke but doesn't stay lit easily. 4-5 relights. After a bit of drying (half hour) it was ready to burn cool and easy. When I dried it a lot more for comparison it still smoked well for a sipper, but a freight train would get bit by it.

The peach taste is slight and is mixed with a primary burley overtone. This is a great aromatic for a person who is skeptical on aros. Another reviewer said it was too mild and if you smoke an aro you want it to be strong. I don't agree. Some people would like a compromise between peach overload and nothing. Because the peach is lighter it doesn't have to be wet and goopy. You can easily notice the peach taste and smell and that is great to me.

Something I could smoke all day around the better half and not feel bad when the smoke drifts her way. Because even if it is a 50mph straight line wind and she is upwind, the smoke would come right at her. I will never understand the physics behind that.

I was initially hesitant to smoke this because I'm not usually a fan of fruit flavored tobaccos, although I love peaches. The smell of peaches was very strong when I first opened the tin. However, the peach taste is not as strong as I expected, which is a plus for me. It burns well with no goop or dottle and I found the taste to be consistent, though hardly complex. Of course, this is not meant to be a complex smoke, and the only reason to smoke it is for that flavor. Some prefer a stronger peach taste in their aros, but I do not. This hits the right spot for me because the peach flavoring is light. Any stronger, and I would not like it. You mileage may vary if you're looking for a peach-bomb, otherwise, you'll find this a comfortable all day smoke.

From Etten Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
From Etten (22)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Peaches and cream out of the tin, a medium ribbon-cut, easy to pack, easy to draw. Immediately from the dictator “smells good!”A pouch forward aroma leads the developing harmony of this perfect blend of a balanced slow cool mellow fine ember-sipping enjoyment. Master Blender McAllister accurately matches the smoking enjoyment with a true ‘taste of summer’ tobac. This experience would be a satisfying, slightly sweet desert without any calories! Relights were enjoyable starts. My next great enjoyment will be in discovery of his other offerings. 4 Stars and highly recommended!

Pipe Used: Greek Briar

Age When Smoked: Pouch fresh

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

tankbuster183 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tankbuster183 (4)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Tin note: outstanding, just like peach cobbler.

Cut is nice and loose, very easy to pack. My tin was not overly cased or damp. The blend of Virgina, burley and cavendish is well balanced; I wish there was more cavendish and less burley, as I tend to smoke pretty fast and always get bit (but this is my own stupid fault). It smokes fine, down to white ash; I always get dottle but again, I smoke too fast and it doesn't really bother me.

This is a nice aromatic if you want a fruit flavor that is not the standard cherry. The taste is pretty light, so I was a little disappointed that it didn't taste as good as it smelled. It bored me petty quick; after half the tin, I put it on the shelf for 8 months. When I smoke it now, the peach taste is much stronger, so I would definitely recommend aging this for a while. To Sutliff's credit, their little tins really do keep the baccy fresh for a long time, I have had good luck with popping them open for a whiff, then letting them sit for a few months.

Overall, I'd give it 3 out of 5. I like English too, so this is a nice alternative aromatic, but I think will leave people wanting a little more.

Pipe Used: Wagner Straight Apple, Grabow Duke

Age When Smoked: opened 9 months

Purchased From: somewhere on the interweb

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (78)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Tin Notes: Good selection of tobacco leaves, nice cut and no sticks Aroma is wonderful - nice fruity (peach) Moisture content is a little wet probably the flavoring toppings

Smoking: This blend smokes well and has good flavors, might tend to be a little harsh and bitey if you smoke it to fast. worked wonders in a longstem pipe or churchwarden slow draw

The Room Note is wonderful !

My 5 Star Rating = 2.5 and 3 if you like this type of flavored tobacco

Pipe Used: Rock Cob, Corn Cob, Clay and Briar

Vrikkian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Vrikkian (8)
Strong Strong Overwhelming Tolerable

Blech. I got this tin for free at a pipe show and I can see why it sat on the table for a long time. This is an insanely sweet and goopy mixture of average tobacco leaf that is cased to the point of irreparable harm.

The tin says it tastes like peaches. Ok - Maybe it does. I could not taste the peaches though because I felt like syrup was about to come out of my pipe stem. I like aromatics, but there's a point of no return that Sutliff reached with this stuff.

Yuck. 1 star.

(Note: Keep in mind that a lot of other reviews say this is a mild blend. Maybe the tin I got was bad, or it wasn't dried out enough. I let it sit for half an hour before smoking, so take that for what you will. This is usually enough time for aromatics to "cool down".)

Pipe Used: Larsen Oom Paul

Age When Smoked: 1

Purchased From: Free

Mad Chuck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mad Chuck (2)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Let me start by saying this is my first review. Please keep that in mind. First of all, I am, prone to aromatics, and I very much like this brand. The Taste of Summer came out of the tin reasonably well dry. I smoked this out of a Savinelli balsa system, a Peterson System, and a churchwarden. The smoke was cool, though somewhat wet. I did not get any tongue bite, and I found the peach flavor to be present and noticeable. As far as the room note, I generally cannot tell when I am smoking, but with this particular blend, I could definitely taste and smell the peaches. In my opinion, it is a smooth, tasty smoke good for afternoons and evenings.

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The tin note on this is peach cobbler. When smoked, it is a light VaBur with black cavendish base, so it is fairly mild on the tobacco end of things. It has a distinctive peach flavor. The peach is not overpowering but it is the only real flavor you get.

As an aromatic, it works ok for me. It may be the black cavendish or the peach topping, but I get a slightly musty note. I would like a more naturally sweet Virginia base on this one.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

This is one of the first tobacco blends that got me really into the pipe hobby. This stuff is good. It has a nice peach flavor to it, it burns good, may need a little drying time. All in all it is a good all day smoke especially during the warmer months. I will probably always have a tin of this on hand to enjoy from time to time.

Purchased From: Port Royal

papipeguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
papipeguy (1)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

The tin smell of this tobacco is amazing. It is just like peaches. It burns cool with very little to no tongue bite. The taste is undectable. I wanted to smoke a peach tobacco for the taste and there is no taste. Just a smokey smell. I was disappointed with this blend. I thought it would have more flavor. I will not buy another tin of this.

The Conde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Conde (17)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This was too mild for me. The tin note is amazing but I can barely taste the peach. It is a very mild smoke that doesn't taste bad, but you smoke peach aromatics for the peach flavor.

CornCobBob61 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCobBob61 (10)

I like both aromatics and english but tilt more to aromatics.Ive been looking lately for a good peach.So when I saw this at my local B&M I snatched it right up. Opening the tin I was overwhelmed by how good it smelled.It was like opening a can of peaches Im not kidding.I was hoping the taste matched the smell.On a scale of 1-5 Id say the smell was a 5 very very strong peach smell...taste 2.NOT because it was bad on the contrary it was a very pleasant smoke.But the peach flavor was extremely mild.I was simply disappointed since I was looking for super sweet.But sweet tooth disappointment aside,it realy is a very very nice smoke.If you want a aromatic that isnt to sweet but still has a nice taste this one fits that bill.