A Black Cavendish with flavors of Vanilla Coffee.

BrandTewksbury & Company
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCoffee, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
Cosmicfolklore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cosmicfolklore (5)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable to Strong

I also picked up a couple of oz's of this with my order of Hobbit Weed. So far, I have been uber-pleased with the Tewksbury blends that I've tried, so the descriptions online, (plus the recommendations here) had me excited to try a coffee aromatic. I know, I know, I've read many times that coffee is a hard aroma to get out of a tobacco. But, I was hopeful that this blend would come through for me.

It is of excellent moisture, packs well, and from the tamp to ash, it burns very well. It has a nice sweet taste to the tongue, but about half way through it leaves a charred taste on the roof of my mouth. I am guessing that this is the coffee flavor, which doesn't translate to coffee on the tongue for me. However, it is not intolerable. I might have gone on enjoying a few more bowls, if...

...the girls came to me and told me that my smoking room smelled like an old man. And, upon leaving the room and returning, the room smelled like nasty old man fart. I do enjoy non-aros and I'm trying to adjust to the Englishes, but I do smoke flavorful aromatics indoors to appease the ladies in my life, which keeps them interested and positive about my pipe hobby. This one just doesn't do it for my household. I may try it again, while outdoors. But, it just didn't live up to my expectations.

I will resign myself to the notion that coffee just doesn't translate into a good aromatic tobacco. Just my opinion, until proven wrong.

Happy piping!!

ascbear Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ascbear (3)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Just wonderful, top of my list, better than Hobbits Weed which is a favorite of mine. No tongue bite, a very clean enjoyable smoke. A++++++++++

ibnmusic Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ibnmusic (3)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have to agree with the gentleman here… I'm smokin this pipe tobacco for the first time and I have to say Tewksbury & Co. does know how to make really good aromatic pipe tobaccos… It is a progressive taste experience since the beginning of the bowl till the bottom. No tounge or nose bite at all… I really pleasant pipe tobacco…

ibnmusic

BossSauce Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BossSauce (9)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

After a year of smoking English blends, I am journeying back into the land of aromatics. I have to say that this blend makes me glad that I have.

I had just polished off the last of my stash of Smoker's Choice by Boswell Pipe and Tobacco which, until just recently, I hadn't smoked out of anything but my drug-store bought cob pipe. I found the smoke out of a decent briar to be delicious and creamy and was considering re-ordering when I stopped into Tewksbury and found Bar Harbor.

Bar Harbor is similar to Smoker's Choice, and perhaps even a bit better. While not quite as creamy and smooth as SC, it's still certainly both. It smells like vanilla and rum in the bag (now in a jar at home). Like a lot of aromatics, it's tempting to just eat the stuff.

Most aromatics that I tried when I first picked up a pipe have been relatively flavorless. That's why English blends have dominated my cellar. Tewksbury tobaccos still have a lot of good tobacco flavor- at least the ones I've tried - and I've found that the flavor is good through the entire bowl.

Somewhere mid-bowl, after you have already filled the air with a wonderful scent, the tobacco that you are smoking begins to become more complex and satisfying.

Bar Harbor smokes down nicely, and is exceptionally cool to the tongue without being overly moist to the pipe. You can tell that it's of good quality and your bowl will appreciate that.

Go try some. Enjoy.