Latakia, Virginias, Orientals - which is then topped with dark rum. It was pressed for a few days, then sliced and tumbled. It is reminiscent in some ways of my old Mephisto, though, of course, without the Syrian.

BrandG. L. Pease
Blended ByGregory Pease and John Tolle
FlavoringRum
Packaging2oz Tin
Strength
Taste
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Area 51 is a limited run special edition tobacco that was produced for the Columbus Show by GL Pease. Regis McCafferty (co-founder of the North American Society of Pipe Collectors), recently gifted me a tin. It is a fabulous smoke! It has strength, a dominating sweet Oriental flavor with some added Virginia sweetness and more than a wisp of Latakia. Pease topped it with a little something extra (Rum). I love it and just can't seem to put this stuff down! The added sweetness and nostril tingling oomph simply knocks my socks off. The flavor is deep, especially when sipped slowly.

I was asked what Area 51 is comperable to. Man, I just don't know. I think if you took the old Balkan Sobranie White and removed the Latakia and added a sweetner similiar to what G&H puts in their Rum Flake, then you'd have something similar to Area 51 - maybe.