Black, soft, full sweet and gentle. Enriched with Canadian maple syrup and Bourbon Vanilla, also pure a wonderful treat.

BrandTorben Dansk
Taste
L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (107)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Excellent aromatic tobacco. This is one of the best aromatic black cavendish you can find. And it is not expensive. It is an aromatic black cavendish and if you look for a non-aromatic you have to orient yourself towards Paul Olsen – Black Cavendish (My Own Blend). But if you like an aromatic black cavendish this is really ok, quite perfect. It is flavored with natural substances (and not chemical). It has a sweet, fruity taste. The flavor (taste) is yummy, very good and pleasant. In my personal rating (from 1 to 10) my score is 9 and three stars.

TEO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TEO (32)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I strongly agree with my compatriot L'italiano, down here on the previous review. The options for a straight black cavendish with NATURAL CASING aren't many, especially in Italy. This is Good Leaf, even with some body, and obviously it's sooo sweet. But part of the sweetness here is due to natural leaf flavour. Maybe the easiest to make among Torben Dansk "home-blending" items I tried, but satisfying. Vanilla and syrup lead the game in the casing department, but this cavendish smokes always cool and not that fast: another clue that the casing's natural and maybe it has been "inflated" in the leaf all along the road, not topping everything in the end with some mad blender chemical aroma. Only a fly in my cocktail glass: the flavour doesn't last that long in bigger pots, it seems. Well worth a 3 stars review in its genre

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (93)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Honestly I can't tell you that I detected exactly maple syrup or “Bourbon” vanilla, it seems to my nostrils and to my taste buds simply sugary/fruity with a good vanilla (room note is lovely), it has a great smell in the tin and a fine aroma and taste. According with DAN Tobacco website (you can find it on the category “Mischtabake”) it can be smoked lonely and I did with pleasure: it is very sweet but never cloying or biting, just a bit sharpy and leaves a good after taste, it smokes consistently (perhaps a bit too quickly) in different pipes (I confess it's a personal fixation, I claim it from Aros/Cavendish). Low in nicotine and deliciously sweet, it may be a pleasant surprise for fans of aromatics or blending; although my fingers are not familiar with this practice, I made some extemporary tests adding BCSA to others tobaccos, the results? From “so and so” to “quite good” passing trough “appreciable”. I'm absolutely sure that you can obtain something better.

P.S. I'm not sure about the composition, the BC seems deriving from Virginias but also there are some brown ribbons (Burley?), perhaps the next reviewer knows something more.