Black, soft, full sweet and gentle. Enriched with Canadian maple syrup and Bourbon Vanilla, also pure a wonderful treat.

BrandTorben Dansk
Blended ByDan Tobacco
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringMaple, Vanilla
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (51)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Excellent aromatic tobacco. This is one of the best aromatic black cavendish you can find. And it is not expensive. It is an aromatic black cavendish and if you look for a non-aromatic you have to orient yourself towards Paul Olsen – Black Cavendish (My Own Blend). But if you like an aromatic black cavendish this is really ok, quite perfect. It is flavored with natural substances (and not chemical). It has a sweet, fruity taste. The flavor (taste) is yummy, very good and pleasant. In my personal rating (from 1 to 10) my score is 9 and three stars.

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (84)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Honestly I can't tell you that I detected exactly maple syrup or “Bourbon” vanilla, it seems to my nostrils and to my taste buds simply sugary/fruity with a good vanilla (room note is lovely), it has a great smell in the tin and a fine aroma and taste. According with DAN Tobacco website (you can find it on the category “Mischtabake”) it can be smoked lonely and I did with pleasure: it is very sweet but never cloying or biting, just a bit sharpy and leaves a good after taste, it smokes consistently (perhaps a bit too quickly) in different pipes (I confess it's a personal fixation, I claim it from Aros/Cavendish). Low in nicotine and deliciously sweet, it may be a pleasant surprise for fans of aromatics or blending; although my fingers are not familiar with this practice, I made some extemporary tests adding BCSA to others tobaccos, the results? From “so and so” to “quite good” passing trough “appreciable”. I'm absolutely sure that you can obtain something better.

P.S. I'm not sure about the composition, the BC seems deriving from Virginias but also there are some brown ribbons (Burley?), perhaps the next reviewer knows something more.