Imagine a bottle of Frangelico and a bottle of Irish Mist having a head on collision and you'll have an idea of the flavor and aroma of Nutty Irishman, though the end product has a uniqueness that goes beyond the characterization.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Irish Mist
Packagingbulk, tin
Strength
Taste
2.4
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A good aromatic with an irish mist topping. This is a pretty good blend as aromatics go and this is what I would expect from C & D, who is known for high quality burley leaf and not using PG in their products. So for this fact alone I will give it three aromatic stars.

What is keeping me from awarding a fourth star is two fold. The first would be that I seldom looked forward to a bowl of this and used it mainly as a way for me to enjoy a smoke while putting off a pleasant room aroma. But the second, and more important reason, is my discovery of CAO's Eileen's Dream. It is a similar based blend with the same type of topping that I really enjoy. So much so, that Upon opening a tin of the latter, I gave the rest of my Nutty Irishman away. There wasn't too much left.

GMan58 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GMan58 (2)

I was pleasantly surprised by this blend. It smelled great in the can..noting nuts and sweetness. When I smoked it tho...it wasnt at all what I expected. Maybe my tastebuds are different but to me Nutty Irishman was like smoking the equivalent of a spiked holiday eggnog...and I liked it. This is going to be a brand I will smoke again.

I get a little toast and nut flavor from the burley, but a lot of it is covered up by the toppings. The Frangelico has an essence of hazelnut that barely notice, though the Irish creme is more obvious. I see a little black cavendish in here, but it must be unsweetened because I'm not really getting any vanilla from it. It's a little moist, and may need a slight dry time, but it burns well enough with a consistent taste. It's pleasant enough for a work day smoke.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Comment = Smooth, Mild, Mellow, nice Carmel Taste, a very enjoyable smoke

Gramps Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gramps (9)
Very Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

A pleasant but nearly undetectable Irish cream flavor. Burns ok and doesn't bite. Good with a cup of coffee, but not something I would purchase twice.

BradS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BradS (22)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I read the description of this blend and wanted to like it. I love Frangelico in a brandy snifter, so thought Nutty Irishman should be a wonderful aromatic.

I bought 2oz and thought it smelled wonderful in the bag. It seemed like a cross between Frangelico (hazelnut liquor) and Bailey's Irish Creme. I loaded a bowl and at first light thought it had a chemical taste. I hoped if I smoked the bowl down, it might get better, but it did not.

I've also had experiences where a second bowl is sometimes better than the first. I filled and lit another a few days later and NOPE! It was still funky and had a chemical taste. I didn't taste hazelnut, irish mist or anything else for that matter. It was just bad, and I'm sad to say it.

I love aro's and about half of my regular rotation is comprised of them. Nutty Irishman will not be a keeper for me. I don't even plan to finish my 2 oz bag.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

It's a decent tasting aromatic, but make no mistake, it is very much an aromatic and not much else. Not wet or goopy. An overall decent smoke of it's genre. Worth trying a tin if you're into aromatic tobaccos.

ivycap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ivycap (63)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Beautiful tin aroma. One of the few aros that can taste as good as it smells. Has a nice sweet almond-like taste and aroma. If you've ever smelled almond scented lotion it is kind of like that. Very alluring. It does kind of muddy and become ashy toword the end of the smoke. It burns a little hot as well.