Carey's all-time best selling pipe tobacco blend for over 20 years! Two toasted Black Cavendish aromatic tobaccos are bulk aged in their own flavor-laden natural juices to a deep, rich black color. Recognized worldwide for its mild smoke and great flavor.

BrandE. A. Carey
ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.5
firefox5 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
firefox5 (7)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

EA Carey's Classic Black blend is a mixture of Burley with two toasted Black Cavendish. The Cavendish gives "full" flavor to the blend; and a "Room Note" that at times was "Tolerable", as such it has become a "porch-smoke". This blend I found to be "wet", and needed "relighting" to finish. I live in Tacoma-Washington; with it's "cool and foggy" weather, and can only rate it as two star.

tpatriarche Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tpatriarche (23)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is indeed a classic Black Cavendish, with a pleasant aroma and not too much artificial flavour. I rated the strength Medium as the cut and casing makes for a fairly dense pipeful, otherwise I would have rated it medium-mild.

BTW, I rate most tobaccos I have tried recently as mild to medium, as I remember much stronger tobaccos from earlier times, such as Three Nuns (as it was 30 years ago!), so bear in mind my bias.

Smooth, not much tongue-bite. I found it lacking in any strong character or spiciness, but a very pleasant smoke.