Super Value Chocolate is a fine quality pipe tobacco, using mild leaf and a smooth, natural top note of rich chocolate that is unobtrusive. Smokes bite free without leaving any dottle. A natural topping is the secret to the lasting room note that will win plaudits from your friends.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandSuper Value
Blended BySutliff
Manufactured BySutliff
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate
Packaging12-oz. Bag, 1.5-oz. Pouch

TwelveAMnTX Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TwelveAMnTX (15)

After trying the SV BC, Super Value Chocolate surprised me with a better taste experience. I really enjoy a sweet chocolatey treat once in a while, snack & tobacco wise. I have tried a couple tobaccos with chocolate/cocoa mixed with other flavorings that I like. This is the first chocolate flavored aromatic I've sampled.

When opening the pouch you get a hint of the chocolate goodness that awaits you upon smoking. The tobacco is a little on the moist side, but not too bad compared to some. It packs decent, a little better when given time to dry a bit.

The chocolate taste starts out nicely the minute the flame touches the tobacco. It's not overly sweet, I'd say moderate at best, which grows more cocoa-ish as you smoke. I think having the cavendish mixed with burley & virginia helps to enhance the flavor. The flavor tends to last better than the straight black cavendish. I did tend to get the bowl a bit hot, but never got a tongue bite.

This being only the 2nd Super Value tobacco I've tried, it fares better taste wise over the black cavendish. The flavor seems to last deeper into the bowl. If you're looking for a value priced chocolate flavored tobacco to try, here it is!

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Age When Smoked: fresh to few weeks old

Purchased From: local B & M

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

this is a 12oz air sealed bag with a price tag that could be very hard to beat! being sometimes in a place where i compromise quality for quantity, i gave this one a go. the moisture level of the tobacco is acceptable and slow puffing can bring this tobacco to the reef where you can toy around with it. the room note is acceptable but not superb and the chocolate/vanilla taste fade in and out but the tobacco is not dull all the way and it could be enjoyed at occasions. it burns very clean and the strength is not overwhelming. to my experience it could be a flavoring agent to many straight blends. not a bad experience on its own though, but to me it stands just below the smoker pride black cavendish if you tried that one!

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (134)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

After smoking Two Friends English Chocolate, I set out to blend my own Chocolate aro with Latakia. I ordered up several chocolate blends to try my hand at replicating what I found a truly fantastic English aromatic.

Well, I must say 15 bucks for 12 oz had me worried, but this is a great aromatic! Thanks to the anonymity of the internet, I can say that with out (most) of my friends finding out! Not much in the way of chocolate strength, but not an aro bogged down with fake toppings and PG. Smokes bite free as stated and isn't a mess at the end of the bowl. Leaves a great room note around, and I love coming back into the room I was smoking in, just so I can get a deep whiff of the room note. Don't be afraid, go ahead and get you some!

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Not a bad tobacco, nothing to write home about though. Not the best chocolate, I much prefer Chocolate Silk but this is half the price. A bit on the chemically side, would probably be better dried out just a touch. Detected no tongue bite and the tobacco itself is a bit weak. I appreciate the price and like I said, it is not terrible, just not very good.

TheWhiteAfrican Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheWhiteAfrican (6)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Possibly my favorite lower end tobacco, aside from my Admiral's Choice (I keep a jar of both with my pens). Anyway, it is like smoking a good donut. Smooth, easy to keep lit and at an unbeatable price, this stuff is always a lot of fun to have around. Picking up a bag at your local drug store is an easy proposition and quite worth it. Also, people seem to like the smell, both my girlfriend and brothers saying it was quite appealing both during and after smoking.

chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

As grocery or drug store economy poly bag tobacs go I would rate Dream Castle's Super Value Chocolate a big pleasant surprise and near the top of such genre. Too many bulk bag tobaccos of the sweet aromatic variety, i.e. rhum, whiskey, cherry, vanilla are often lite on the casing or topping especially if you enjoy your smoking pleasure on the sweeter side.

This one is just about right; you can taste the chocolate/cacao but the tobacco as well which I believe is burley. The Cavendish methodology used in preparing it makes this leaf worthy of a blending upgrade if you wanted to improve the quality and flavour by adding a touch of top shelf chocolate aromatic such as Moca mixture from the Mission Pipe Shop, San Jose, CA.

For price and taste this blend is a "super value" for smokers on a slim budget who find themselves pressured these days by high fed and state tobac excise taxes.