This cool burning, medium bodied smoke has various Virginia grades, Oriental leaf both Cyprian and Syrian Latakia, unflavored black cavendish and Perique tobaccos that provide the penultimate in smoking tobaccos.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Tobacco
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Black Cavendish, Perique, Latakia
Strength
None Detected, Medium
Taste
2.6
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

When I opened the tin I thought this was an aromatic blend. Well, it is declared not to be, but I'm almost sure those Virginias are aided beyond Nature. After the first few puffs, which are sweet indeed, it becomes completely anonymous, flavourless. Reading the previous reviews I'm sure this is one of the blends that are manufactured by different blenders for Europe and the USA. I trust your opinion, this can't be the same blend!

Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

I found this blend to be very "normal" in that there was nothing special that would draw me back to it again. I did find that it gave me a mouth-coating that took two brushings with bakingsoda to get rid of and for that reason I don't intend on smoking this again. I tried six bowls over two weeks and gave the rest of the tin to a friend to try.

Update: I have found that I have an allergy to Perique and therefore that is the cause for the unfavorable review. This makes me unable to give a fair review of this blend, sorry.

pmonroeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pmonroeb (92)

A very interesting blend. While it is a latakia blend, there must be some kind of a sweet casing in this. My counterpart, JSB, who previously reviewed this blend commented it was like sweet wood chips on the BBQ. I would describe the sweetness as being more in the vanilla/root beer/butterscotch range of flavors. As I smoked my first bowl of this, I was enthralled by the unique flavor, but as I went down the bowl I began to be bored by it. The several times I have smoked this, I tired of it before I got to the bottom. I don't recall ever having that experience where I tire of a tobacco near the bottom. Usually I like it or I don't.

This tobacco does have a good room aroma for a latakia blend and for those of you who have a mate who does not appreciate latakia, this may be for you.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

Well, this review is based on my visits with friends, who shared this blend with me a couple of times; take with grain of salt, accordingly.

Still, the leaf is a nice ribbon with the occasional lump of ready-rubbed; the tin note is honest English, with maybe a slight diversion into Balkan country.

Stuffs and lights and handles well -- beautiful in that respect -- and burns down to (guess...) a clean grey ash and nothing else. The room note I have to guess at -- I have only ever smoked this blend in the company of other smokers of English and Balkans...

A solid contender; I am fond of Stronger Stuff, but this is not bad at all; quite the contrary. A good English/Balkan cross-over I don't hesitate to enjoy.

Afraz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Afraz (14)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Its a good tobacco for those who like latakia blend, but you must choise a decent pipe for this, i did a mistak to fill it in a cheap pipe and i was disappointed at first but after pick a good pipe the tobacco taste show himself to me. I save a jar of it in my cellar. If it dont have cavendish i guess it should be better. I like it it, ill buy it again if i coulnt find any latakia blend.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This was a very pleasant surprise! I was in a shop that had a few tins so I said "What the Hell?" I loved BB Balkan Blend and I thought this might also be pretty good. It was!!! This is for those who appreciate the following blends: COUNT PULASKI, DR.BRADLEY,and HGL. A mildly sweet English tobacco with a subdued flavor. The Latakia is present throughout the bowl and the Perique lets itself be known w/o being obtrusive. A wonderful German treatment of an English tobacco! It is a very pleasant diversion for the hard core Balkan fans like myself and it smells great too. You will actually make friends and still enjoy your pipe. Well worth a try. 3 of 4 aromatic English stars!

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)

Bill Bailey's Best Blend. This is one of the most interesting tobacco's that I have had the pleasure,of smoking. Not weak,but has plenty of strength as well! Nothing boring here with this one,it hold's your interest all the way to the bottom of the bowl! It's full of superb flavour's all the way through! You can taste each & every tobacco that is blended into this one.Both 'individually' & mixed at time's.And I think it's just perfect! I would not 'add or subtract' anything that's already in this one. It light's easily & burn's very well,leaving a nice clean greyish ash.When it's finished,I look forward to the next bowlful.I did not suffer any negative reaction's to my tongue either. Well done Dan Tobacco. Highly Recomend Four & half star's out of Five.In it's class.

JSB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JSB (6)

This tobacco was a real surprise. About five minutes into my first bowl my wife looked over at me and said, ?Hey, that really smells good?. I had to stop and double check that I was smoking a latakia based blend because normally she hates the smell.

The tin aroma is sweet and leathery and the cut is very rough. It almost looks like it needs to be rubbed a little, but I just packed it the way it was. It was easy to light and burned well. The taste was superb throughout, the bowl aroma was very sweet but not in a fruity or flowery way, more like sweet wood chips when you put them on the BBQ. There was no tongue bite at all. This has become one of my favorite blends. I really enjoy it and so does my wife.