Iwan Ries

Virginias & Orientals with generous amounts of Latakia. Brash & bold, British Full is a heady blend, perfect after a long day.

BrandIwan Ries
Packaging50g Pouch
Where to Buy Iwan Ries
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Extremely Mild (Flat), Medium, Full
Pleasant, Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong

British Full was a powerful smoke back in the 1970s when I first smoked it, but it sure is different these days. I still like it, but the power of the Latakia and the Virginia/Oriental leaf just don't provide the same deep flavor that I remembered. It's priced right for the budget minded, and reminded me somewhat of the new Crown Achievement by Lane.

jefe1037 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jefe1037 (1)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

This is a manly smoke that the IRC guys recommended to me in the store based on what I like when I am not smoking: Kentucky Bourbon, full flavored red wines, and a nice Ribeye cooked medium-rare. The meatiness of the lat comes through with a nice spice that can bite you if you aren't careful. I smoke this when I am walking around the streets of Chicago on my way to work. Fortunately IRC is in the middle of my commute.

piedpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
piedpiper (26)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

An English without much flavor, despite its billing. Would perhaps recommend it to someone just breaking into the English genre, but that's about it. Would have to be good enough to be part of a regular rotation in order to earn 3 stars. A blend such as this-good enough as a hold me over til my regular order comes in, earns only 2 stars.