D-series. A replacement for Light Flake from Dunhill.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
3.2
shakenbake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
shakenbake (5)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

Not really a substitute for Dunhill's Ligt Flake, IMHO. This tobacco is a bit too much flavoured. That flavouring detracts somewhat from the natural Virginia sweetness and natural leaf flavour of the Dunhill flake it is intended to substitute.

I just finished a tin of Dunhill Light Flake so that I can compare the two flakes. My most recent tin of this Mr. B. stuff, aged for a couple of years, is difficult to light right out of the tin, either folded or rubbed out. It does not burn as cleanly, nor is it as smooth as the Dunhill flake. With a smaller pipe, the smoke gets gurgly way too soon. The flake itself is sliced too thin for my liking. In summary, it was a let-down.

Sorry Brigham's, but only one to two stars, and no more. As for me, I will enjoy the last of my limited Dunhill stock and then move on to Gawith's FVF or Golden Glow for real Virginia flavour.

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Tin note is outstanding. Having had disappointing results with Virginian only tobaccos in the past I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Burns extremely cool. I think that it the mild casing that people have mentioned that made the difference for me. Just added a little extra sweetness to it that kept me interested.

J.Singarti Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.Singarti (3)
Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

I enjoyed this tobacco very much. From the moment i opened the tin to the bottom of the bowl. I find it has a wonderful room note and taste. It burned nicely, i only had to relight twice however my inexperience was most likely a factor in that.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (127)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

I'm rewriting my review of this lovely flake. I previously have only smoked it fully rubbed out, which was a mistake. It has a completely different flavor profile unrubbed. The flakes are thin and are easy to stuff and light. The taste is of high quality virginia and a touch of perique. The chocolate casing is very subdued. This is the flake that you'd expect from R.L.Will. An excellent flake in the lighter Danish style. Burns very cool to the bottom of the bowl, leaving a fine black and white ash.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (35)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

This Mixture is Mfg'd in Germany(By Solani)for Brigham.This is Solani Mix#633...Without the Perique. Fantastic Tobacco;this is mostly Bright,with some Orange-Virginia(according 2myVirginia-Taste Buds)Very Smooth;Highly Recommended 4U-Virginia-Fans :-)

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (96)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Quality tobacco that is slightly cased with chocolate. Off the tin it smells like Aged Burley Flake from Solani. Nice fig and raisin taste, easy to smoke no tongue bite. While supposed to replace Light Flake from Dunhill, I consider it a quality Virginia flake that deserves attention but lacking in the taste department of the former.