(Light English) For the smoker who demands the best money can buy. Blended with the most expensive Dubeks, Yenidje, Mahala, sun cured Virginia, light Burley, and Latakia.

BrandSterling Tobacco Co
Blended ByJack Peterson
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
PackagingPouch
Strength
Mild, Medium
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Tolerable
jco3rd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jco3rd (1)
Mild None Detected Medium Pleasant

This blend is incredible.

I agree that this is definitely a light english. But that is just perfect for someone like me who tends to stick with virginias, and thinks that EMP is often more lat then i want to deal with. I've always wanted a blend that had just a "touch" of lat to give it that character, but not enough to completely overwhelm everything else. I'm sure that if you love latakia, this blend will not cut it for you. But, if you are looking for a blend where the lat is truly a condiment... just a touch, enough to let you know its there, then this blend is for you!

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Westbrook

Age When Smoked: 1 week

Purchased From: Sterling Tobacco

yinyang Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
yinyang (45)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

I'm going off the memory of a free sample I received from Mr. Peterson about 4 months ago. This probably won't be the most accurate assessment possible, but I think it deserves a review (albeit small).

A light English to be sure...(not a Lat bomb). This one had a strong Oriental presence, maybe the most of any English I've had the pleasure to try. Not a bad thing, as the tobaccos used were of a good quality.

The Va and burley element were, in my fading memory, pretty subdued, making me think this one might as well have been labelled an Oriental mixture, without much complaint.

If it was the only blend available to me, I'm sure I'd make do fine...as it is, there are so many different (read: similar) blends and blenders out there that COtB ultimately falls by the wayside. Definitely worth a go, though.