(Light English) A naturally aromatic Virginia and Burley mixture with just a touch of Latakia gives you the taste of Latakia without Latakia aroma.

BrandSterling Tobacco Co
Pleasant, Tolerable
cjone107 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cjone107 (15)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

My first "true" English blend. Of course, I don't have a lot to compare it to because of my lack of experience with English blends, but I'm loving the latakia flavor. Unfortunately, as a smell guy, giving up my aromatics will be hard to do. The change of pace is nice though, and I'm looking forward to giving some FM a try as I venture more and more into this new world I've discovered. I did notice substantial tongue bite when compared to my typical smokes though.

Purchased From: sterlingtobaccoco.com

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (29)

What can I say - I love this blend. It reminds me a lot of Bald Headed Teacher by Rich Gottlieb of 4 Noggins - only a little more aromatic.

While retaining an English Blend complexity - the subtlety of the Latakia is wonderful. Plus you get a crossover taste with the vanilla or whatever it is topping.

I enjoy this tobacco when I want an undemanding and soothing blend to end a day of hard work at the office.

Don't get me wrong - there is nothing 'simple' about this blend - it is complex, tasty and has many nuances which reveal themselves as one makes his way through the bowl.

Like many of Jack Peterson's blends the taste is so unique that it often defies description - other than - it tastes absolutely frickin great!

Smokes well in any pipe. Leaves no pipe funk or ugly Godzilla like halitosis in the mouth and burns to a fine white ash.

My Buddy is a friend indeed. Highly recommended.