A very smooth Balkan-style blend with exceptional depth. It is rich with cool-smoking, aromatic and lightly sweet Cyprian Latakia, spiced with the finest fragrant Macendonian Oriental leaf. One of the most popular Balkans we have ever made.

Notes: Originally introduced in April, 1995 for the Conclave of Richmond Pipe Smokers, is now part of the Club Blends Series.

Blended ByMcClelland
Manufactured ByMcClelland
Blend TypeBalkan
Strength
None Detected, Mild, Medium
Taste
SakamotoFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SakamotoFan (12)

I've been happy with almost every blend I've tried from McClelland. If you've tried Frog Morton: On The Town, imagine that tobacco without the extra sweetness. That's exactly what this is.

Although I only ordered about 2 ounces to try it out and enjoyed it, I will not be buying more only because I prefer Frog Morton because its very similar but slightly better.

Another excellent blend in the Club series, FBR is smooth and rich with a slightly sweet, smoky taste. This just gets better as the bowl progresses. Best dried a bit, this is a pleasant all day smoke and I highly recommend it.

This is the second Balkan I have tried being more used to straight Vas, VA/Burley blends and some Englishes. This smelled of latakia in the pouch and a touch of that McC vinegar. This blend lit well, produced a good volume of smoke and burned well throughout the smoke. This blend seemed to be more dominantly of latakia and the VAs were less noticeable as were the Orientals. This reminded me of a English with moderate strength but very smooth. I love the aroma of latakia but the taste becomes cloying to me. This was a nice change of pace smoke for me but I think I will go towards something with less latakia in the future. This blend was gifted to me by a kind friend in my online tobacco group...thanks for the experience my friend!