A perfectly splendid, well-aged, all-Virginia ribbon blend that stands on its own without the added support of condimental tobaccos. This fine Virginia needs no help. It is made with very ripe red, orange and yellow leaf and delivers an amazing depth of flavor. Take ample time to savor it slowly.

Notes: Originally introduced in May, 1996 for the Conclave of Richmond Pipe Smokers, is now part of the Club Blends Series.

Blended ByMcClelland
Manufactured ByMcClelland
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste

From a 12/27/10 review that I errantly placed under PCCA:

This is my third taste-testing of old PCCA straight virginia blends that have come back into production. This one is in the middle, somewhere between the complex spiciness of Rich Virginia Ribbon and the vapid flatness of Aurora.

Upon opening the tin, I'm greeted with the smell of Grandma's spice rack. I'm not familiar enough with the specifics of those spices but the aroma is very spicy to the point where I was convinced this contained oriental tobaccos. I was reminded of the Grand Oriental Series, specifically Yenice Agonya and Katerini. However, I read where this is a straight virginia of the stoved variety. Interesting.

The flavor carried on that light spiciness. This one was not nearly as complex as Rich Virginia Ribbon and was comparatively subdued in flavor. It was a fairly consistent smoke that didn't change much down the bowl. I think the point of this one was flavor, and it was moderately rich tasting, just not nearly the equal of RVR. But compared to Aurora, this was a flavor beast! I'm going to pick up a few more tins for aging, as I trust this one will improve. It was a very decent smoke but not something I'd buy again except as an aging experiment. If you try this and find it good but lacking a bit of flavor and complexity, give RVR a try.