4noggins.com

A generous portion of rich, top quality Cyprian Latakia provides support and structure for dark stoved and red Virginias deftly combined with Orientals, including Mahalla and the finest Drama. Reminiscent of the legendary, complex blends of times gone by, this smooth, deeply smoky ribbon cut blend created by Fred Hanna tastes at once bold and subtle. It is creamy with soft, quiet, background hints of plum and currant.

Blended ByFred Hanna

3.8
zulujerk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zulujerk (134)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Another Fred Hanna mix, and I suppose a comparison to Wilderness is inevitable. I began my experiences with Wilderness totally underwhelmed by the mildness of the tobacco, and as I made my way through the tin, that opinion held. By the last few bowls I was able to concentrate further upon the Oriental component, and instantly appreciated the blend for its exotic nature.

But Legends is a little different, in its inclusion of stoved leaf and the exclusion of Yenidje, in favor of both Drama and Mahalla. These newer blends from McClelland and Russ Ouellette are quite amazing in their Oriental presence, including some of the rarer varietals that tend to make Smyrna seem bland by comparison. By extension, they are natural competitors, as Magnum Opus, Wilderness, and Legends share a similar blending philosophy and characteristics such as extraordinary Orientals and strength profiles.

In the tin, the tobaccos range in color from dark brown to jet black, at about a 50/50 ratio, the Oriental leaf largely indiscernable from the mass of browns. The tin note is predominantly smokey, with hints of sweetness, completely absent of that familiar McClelland tang. It's a standard ribbon cut without any bits of flake mixed in, attractive but quite regular. The moisture level is about perfect, neither dry or wet.

Subtle, creamy and soft, that's straight from the tin description (which also, oddly, describes the blend as bold). I'm generally okay making the strength/spiciness tradeoff, and by that I mean that if the Oriental component holds through, I tend to limit my criticism for the lack of strength. McClelland Latakia mixes do tend to be somewhat wimpy in that regard, which is why I favor more robust mixtures like the various Dunhill blends when I want a good kick.

And right away, it's evident that Legends lacks that kind of body, forcing one to explore the variety of flavors. It's clear now that the mass of black leaf in the tin represented the stoved Virginia leaf, as the smokiness of the Latakia really hits a background note. I find it difficult to describe stoved Virginias, for they lack the high notes of the brighter leaf, yet their flavor is often subdued and quite mild, fitting the tin description just right.

The character is very similar to Wilderness, the proportions of leaf as well. The Orientals are more muted here, though certainly better represented than many of the more traditional English mixes you can find, and they build nicely through the progression of the bowl, really inflaming one's nasal cavity as everything winds down, to my delight.

Legends is a fine, spicy smoke with deeper notes than Wilderness, owing to the stoved leaf, and a tamer Oriental presence, although they are clear cousins in many of their common attributes. I hope this is not the end of the McClelland/Hanna connection, and if I can make a request, amp up the Virginias and keep the spiciness!

King Weed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
King Weed (35)
Very Strong Strong Full Tolerable

I purchased tins of Legends at the same time I purchased tins of Wilderness, as I had not smoked either one. For no particular reason, I smoked Wilderness first. I thought it to be an outstanding modern english blend. Then I smoked the Legends blend.

Legends looks a lot like Wilderness in the tin and has an equally pleasant tin aroma. So I loaded up and lit up. Legends has the same solidly oriental-english smoke aroma and taste as Wilderness but, there are differences. First, the oriental components are different and this gives it a different tone than Wilderness. I enjoyed Legends all the way down the first three or four bowls with no bite and no complaints. Compared to its stable mate Wilderness, it smokes with a lower register that is not quite as smooth. As I continued to smoke this blend a realization came out - this blend is denser than Wilderness. I began to go through a mix-down regimen using Early Morning Pipe and my enjoyment of it picked up.

So, my statement is that Legends is as high a quality as Wilderness. It is just denser and slightly more "guttural" in its smokability. None of this takes anything away form this blend, so, four stars.

Thanks again Fred.

Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

No proud stance against the party line here. This is a wonderfully complex, sweet, mild smoke that has that rare talent of being a blend that can be smoked all day without requiring too much attention, or it can be deeply contemplated with all other life thoughts filtered out.

A quick snort of the tin aroma first yields the unmistakable aroma of latakia. A few more seconds shows off the orientals, that seem seem to shift from sweet to sour to earthy to toasty. This comes through in the smoke. I could see some smokers finding this too mild but the taste makes up for that for me. Sometimes a mild smoke just fits. This is a highly but not overwhelmingly complex mixture, and has one of the most incredible room notes I've experienced. I spent a lot of time waving the smoke into my face and leaving the room and returning so I could smell that wonderful aroma. Overall, this is a winner taste-wise and aroma-wise.

There are other latakia blends that I prefer and this will be an occasional smoke for me, but it's definitely a blend for someone who loves the interplay of great orientals with a moderate amount of latakia. Goes great with a nice pale ale or a Lowland single malt.

This combo of Orientals is exactly what I like. The Virginias are also superb, adding a really wonderful sweetness. The two together is just short of orgasmic. During my first bowl of this, in the early stages, I found myself craving a little more Latakia, but by the halfway point that craving passed. The amount was just right for this blend. Enough to satisfy, but not enough to cover any of the great flavors coming from the Orientals and Virginias. All subsequent bowls were free of Lat cravings. Perfect moisture out of the tin. Burns like a champ. Close enough to medium body to rate it as such. Taste is medium to full. Just an outstanding blend.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman, MM Freehand

ContemplativePipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ContemplativePipe (4)

This is wonderful stuff.

The tin aroma: who cares? It's as others have described it, pleasant enough, but obviously it's completely different in the pipe.

In the pipe: it's soft, comforting, smoky, deep and rich, with an understated sweetness. There is something lovely about how the notes come together, a nuance that is beautiful but beyond conveying. I'm having to relight several times but it's well worth the effort, the taste remains even throughout the bowl.

Really good stuff, try it!

Mike Castello Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike Castello (49)

Legends from McClelland and blended by Fred Hanna was awaited with high hopes and it has not disappointed. It's a ribbon cut blend of Cyprian latakia, Virginias, and orientals. Mahalla and Drama were meticulously used for richness and Fred told me how he labored to get the amounts just right for the blend and he has succeeded admirably. The blend is complex and to use McClelland's description on the tin it is "creamy" and subtle. This blend does not hit you over the head for attention. It needs a slow and relaxed smoking to fully experience what Legends has to offer. It is different than other English or Oriental blends and can not be easily classified as either. The dark stoved red Virginias serve as the base for the blend. The Cyprian latakia gives a smokey flavor without over shadowing the delicate Orientals. The tobacco packs easily and the moisture level was just right although I prefer a little drier tobacco, for practical purposes McClelland did it just right. Once lit the blend stayed lit for an easy and pleasurable smoking from start to finish leaving just a light gray ash in the pipe. Flavor was there from start to finish without any bitterness at the end of the bowl. There isn't much more to say other than smokers who enjoy Oriental or English blends need to audition this fine blend without any delay.

Lochinvar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lochinvar (71)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

All in all, Legends is a solid English, but nothing too different from various other McClelland light Englishes. I had this in a run of what I thought to be McClelland standouts (Samovar, Wilderness, Scottish Woods), and thought it was "too middle." There were good Orientals, but it did not really stand up and scream oriental, the Latakia was there but no bomb, and it was kinda deepish. Good quality leaf, a good light all day, but forgettable.

Mike__P Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike__P (87)

I am surprised at the paucity of reviews for this one. I think Legends is a real sleeper blend, and definitely worth your consideration in the English/Balkan category. One of the key differentiators with Legends is the Virginias -- no surprise, given that this comes from McClelland -- that combined with the Orientals provides a nutty, earthy foundation. Despite the generous portion of Latakia, it never feels heavy or one-dimentional. Legends is not overly complex, but it's soft, clean, smooth and dry, and frankly, somewhat reminiscent of many C&D/Pease blends, but with a few notable differences: It doesn't include Perique (Thank you, Mr. Hanna!); it doesn't bowl you over with a ponderous dose of Latakia at the expense of everything else; and it is smoother. The latter is a key distinction. I do enjoy the "punch" of most C&D/Pease blends, but Legends delivers rich flavor without brute force.

Highly recommended.

MDP Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MDP (36)

Fred Hanna, speaking with adoration about the blends of yesteryear, provoked me into trying Legends. Legends is Hanna’s interpretation of what blends were like when “Turkish” varietals were readily available and of superior quality. This in contrast to the blended Turkish leaf used by tobacco manufacturers for the last 20+ years, according to Hanna. With several Greek, Turkish, and Balkan tobacco varietals again available individually, Hanna apparently tried his hand at designing a blend to give a voice to long silent Oriental mixtures.

I can only evaluate Legends qua Legends, not Legends compared to extinct blends. On its own, Legends is something of a standout among a crowded field of full-flavored pipe tobaccos composed primarily of Virginias, Orientals and Latakia tobaccos.

‘Boldness in balance’ best describes my experience with Legends. Hanna took a chin-out approach, trusting his own instincts and the patience of pipe smokers to let distinctive Oriental leaf varieties wash over the smoker with waves of incredibly rich, deep, spicy and complex flavors off-set by uber-quality Cyprian Latakia of a smoky, creamy and behaved sort, all upon a pedestal of impeccable Virginias.

Legends is no mere memorial, but lives and moves, shifts and turns as it rises and falls several times throughout a bowl, even in a small pipe. Boredom is simply not possible, nor monotony, smoking Legends. Try as I might to find a point of weakness or failure, Legends delivers on all counts.

Pipe Used: Large, small, conical and straight drilled

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars dot com

Similar Blends: Ask Fred. (-;.

Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)

Legends is without any discussion the most fine-tuned, harmonious, and delicious mixture I've ever had!

I bought a tin of Legends together with a tin of Westminster and Three Oaks. The two latter - which I will review in the near future - pale in comparison with this masterpiece.

I was very pleased to discover that no bright VA has been used here. Dark stoved VA together with reds promised creaminess and of course: my sweet beloved Mrs. Nicotine.

The Latakia used is top shelf and Mahalla and Drama ditto. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that could be done better proportion-wise!

Legends does not bite. Legends does not turn acrid at the end. Legends does not smoke wet. Legends burn even and slow.

Plumes of thick, creamy, caramel-like, sweet, spicy wellness! Indeed I'm raving I know, but I just can't help it. There are so many English and Balkans out there which are great, but this one just beats them all...

=== Jakob Kiilerich, Denmark ===

Pipe Used: Savinelli Capri

Purchased From: 4noggins.com

Similar Blends: Unique.

Flyerdog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flyerdog (9)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

Good grief this is great tobacco. I had forgotten just how much flavor it has. Why do I ever smoke anything else. Oh yeah, I forgot. My wife won't let me smoke it in the house. Cool, dry a great blending of flavors. You can definitely taste the Latakia but it's not up front. You get a good mouthful of VA smoothed out by the Lat. I don't inhale very often but it's hard to resist with this - it's so mild. Come summer (outdoor smoking) this going to be my everyday smoke.

Pipe Used: Dunhill Zulu

Purchased From: 4Noggins

MisterWatson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MisterWatson (3)
Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

I just opened the tin this afternoon, and was immediately pleased. No stems in the mix, a nice rough ribbon cut, and perfect moisture level.

I packed a 3/4 bowl in a new Savinelli canadian, and lit it up. Immediately, the Latakia pops out with a loamy campfire smell, and the Red Virginias add a beautiful, mildly sweet, and woody taste.

It smoked cool and slow, burned evenly, and required no re-lights at all. The tastes intensified midway through the bowl, and it smoked to a thick light gray ash all the way down to the bottom. Around the middle of the bowl the pepper notes came out, and lent another lovely element to the smoke.

It was a beautiful experience, and I can't wait to finish the rest of this tin. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves Virginias and English blends. I should note as well the tin note of "ketchup" or sweet vinegar was less prominent than in the Frog Morton tins.

O'Confrère Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
O'Confrère (31)

Legends has been well described below, and DK's review is spot on! Surprisingly light to be so full flavored and complex, there is a lot going on here, but it is never too much. This mixture is all about balance and, perhaps, restraint. The smoke is at once rich and tantalizing. Despite its depth it prickles the tongue pleasantly without biting, like the acidity in some white wines, which is one of the qualities that set this tobacco apart from others and make it a lively and invigorating smoke. Never cloying or over the top, it can be enjoyed as a part of your daily routine, yet it is at its best when savored slowly. Then, in quiet moments, it will unfold layer after fascinating layer of fine flavors and reward every bit of attention you give to it.

Legends is topnotch! Don't miss this one! Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Several. All reserved for untopped Latakia blends.

ErichPryde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ErichPryde (9)
Mild Very Mild Medium Tolerable

I don't know what to add to this one that others haven't already said. The quality, the creaminess of the smoke? Just how amazingly the latakia massages the virginia leaf, and little flecks of oriental peek out here and there?

Now that I've become more accustomed to Latakia blends, I can definitely smell, in the background of this tin, the dark fruit- like quality of the virginia leaf. An absolutely beautiful compliment to the mass of dark, smoky flavors that dominate. Gourmet stuff.

Perhaps its the quality of the smoke itself, so incredibly thick, and such a cool, amazing smoke! The sweet campfire aroma, the complete absence of any bite whatsoever! Oh so cooperative in the bowl of nearly any pipe. I know that some people will find reason to dislike this because of the relatively low N content- but for me, that is a blessing- The taste is so incredible that I want to smoke more of it, and the more N there is the less of it I can smoke!

This is a very forward blend, very direct... Yet with some balance. Laphroaig vs. Ardbeg- and this blend is the Laphroaig. Smoky, cool, somewhat sweet if you look for it.

Truly luxurious. I strongly recommend this tobacco, and think of it in the same way that some of you may think of Sobranie, or penzance, of the original Dunhill 965.

Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

Smooth, well balanced with Orientals out front, Complex,creamy, some sweetness, smokey, good "N", lights well burns well. Very similar to Jubilee but I Like this better because it has more Latakia. I'd buy again. I don't get any of the Plum and Currant "CRAP", I really don't even know what a plum flavor would taste like, prune juice ?

Updated 1/1/12 I have found that three McClelland blends have very similar characteristics and deserve just a word, they are: Jubilee, Legends and Aurora. All have the same burning , packing and "N" levels but most of all they are extremely smooth and are among my favorites. I feel that Aurora, a Virginia blend, is the basis for the other two. Add a touch of Latakia and a smidgen of Perique to Aurora and you have Jubilee but the dominate flavors still are Aurora. Add a touch of Latakia and a healthy dose of Orientals to Aurora and you have Legends. All are very good but my personal favorite is Legends, smooth, creamy, smoked Provolone with Aurora in the background.

Updated 8/18/12 OK let's bring a 4th into the mix, "Wilderness". I had both a tin of Wilderness and Legends open and was switching smokes between the two, I could not tell the difference. I decided to load two pipes and smoke them at the same time ??? Results: Legends Is creamier, zero spice on the tongue, almost no "McC Vinegar" and a bitter sweet cocoa flavor. Wilderness, is also very smooth but has that tangy sweet and sour "McC Vinegar" ( I love McC Vinegar), not as creamy, but more hidden flavors of cocoa and is sweeter. I think Wilderness is the slight winner for me.

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (144)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This stuff is basically "Odyssey" Light .... Seriously, other than the unmistakeable tang of McClelland's virginias, the flavor of Legends is almost identical to the aforementioned GL Pease classic. But this is a much milder smoke, with fewer high notes and less of the sensation that you've just licked a piece of charcoal. To some smokers, this is probably a blessing. To me, however, it just doesn't satisfy. It is, however, very good stuff, and it's grown on me to the point that I plan on keeping a few tins around for those days when I don't want to be overwhelmed with flavor.

Not one of my favorites, but nonetheless an excellent product. I think this one may turn out to be quite popular and one day might even live up to its name.

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

In recent times, I have found myself drifting away from McClelland tobacco's. That is until Fred Hanna put together this terrific blend. There is a lot going on with this tobacco as the term "complex" in the description is on point. Deep, rich, smokey and somewhat sweet, I find this to be one of handful of new blends that may be considered a masterpiece. Although I am not one of them, many folks complain of the well known McClellend vinegar scent. You will find little to none will be found in Legends. If you like a full flavored, complex English that is a bit on the sweet side, this should be on your shopping list! Highly recommended!

Lit a Kia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lit a Kia (35)

Really, really good. The Cyrpian Latakia seems more willing to bite than Syrian, should you choose to push it. But you'd have to push it pretty hard. Would give it a 3.75 if I could. Rounding up to a 4.

Age When Smoked: young

Wellpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wellpipe (48)

Maybe should have been named 'Balkan Velvet' because it is so smoooooooooooth. Great blend with a soft touch.

Theodore Moore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theodore Moore (10)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

Legends is a very solid blend but one which to me lacks real excitement. If you like Virginia, especially Red Virginia as your foundation, you'll likely be pleased. The reviewer who compared this to some of the Pease blends is right, which to me are even more overbearing in the Virginia department. (ie. Lagonda, Piccadilly, Sextant and Chelsea Morning.) I personally lean more toward orientals, so take that into account for my three star rating. I do find Legends to be somewhat monochromatic but not without some unique flavors weaving in and out. I prefer Legends over Wilderness but in the McClelland line, I still prefer 3 Oaks Syrian and even their bulk 5110 English Dark Full to Legends. Room note is far inferior to that of Russ Ouellette's Black House. I've smoked two tins of Legends, but won't be reordering.

JustinCarcerated Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JustinCarcerated (52)

This blend is a sleeper-in that it impresses in an unassuming, non-haughty manner. The Virginias are perfectly, and I really mean that oft-overused word, matched against the latakias and exotic orientals. It's so well constructed one might think of this blend as "one-dimensional", yet this would be an understatement, as the creaminess and copious amount of smoke generated with little effort, as well as the smoothness of the baccy account for so much of the smoking experience. I actually catch myself inhaling with no burn-which isn't good btw as my inhalation of substances other than air need to remain non-existent :) It burns well out of the tin, my first tobacco where I needed no drying time at all. No catsup smell btw- wife says it reminds her of liquid smoke. Bought three tins of the stuff, but it won't last long enough to cellar :(

porshcigar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
porshcigar (27)
Mild None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

This blend lights well, it smokes cool and dry, and does not require many relights. That's half of the criteria to make it an easy blend to like. Taste is the other half. The taste of Legends is top notch. It delivers the deep rich taste of Latakia, but the Latakia does not overwhelm the orientals in the blend or the Red Virginia. I never get tired of the taste of this blend. I can smoke it several times in a row, and several days in a row. So there you have a great easy blend: easy to smoke and easy to enjoy the taste. I recommend it to all Latakia fans.

SteveH Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SteveH (28)

Dry, smoky, slightly spicy - an outstanding tobacco.

quantumboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
quantumboy (119)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Fantastic, smoky, buttery, rich. What else can I say except this is a five-star blend of four, a classic. Muchos kudos to Mr. Hanna!

This is a high quality English mixture, with rich Virginias mixed with tasty Orientals and a very generous portion of Latakia. Everything is fine about this, as it is with many other English mixtures in the market today. For me, it just doesn't stand out. I'd smoke this tobacco every day, but I doubt I'd pick it among ten of its kind. Hence the 3 stars.

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)

The other reviews of Legends below are dead-on. Hanna's a genius. This is an excellent, complex, tasty, easy smoke from beginning to end...a top-notch, masterful delight. This is seriously great tobacco in all respects. The latakia and other orientals are well-balanced and highly flavorful, particularly in the first two thirds of the smoke. The only comment I would add is an observation that the gentler orientals are a bit dominant in the last third of the bowl, and the latakia seems to duck out all the way before the final act. Hanna and McClelland continue to crank out the hits. Highly recommended without reservation. I assume it will only get better with some cellaring.

Country Doc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Country Doc (20)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a rich, delicious tobacco. Smoky and mellow but with a decidedly sweet quality - the plum and currant notes are real.

Lighter, fruitier and not as smoky as Pease's Westminster (which I also love), so it depends on what you're in the mood for.

This is a very high quality smoke. If you're looking for an elegantly sweet balkan, you won't go wrong.

PipeCat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeCat (13)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is really out of sight. It's full, rich flavor has enough body to keep the smoker happy throughout the bowl. I have smoked most of my first tin and plan on putting some away for a later day.

The tobac out of the tin seems dry enough to pack, but I have found additional time has helped with continuous burning and less relights. Sipping slowly will allow the smoker to taste the finer aspects the blender must have had in mind when putting this together.

This is one of the finest offerings I have had from McClelland. If you like the components of this tobac, you owe it to yourself to try it out.

don1688 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
don1688 (27)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

What can be a better comment than this stuff delivers exactly what the description claims! When smoked, natural flavors from the tobacco really do give currant and plum notes without having to try, so flavorful you don't need to be in a quiet room thinking nothing but your pipe. I can't imagine not having this open all the time. The creamy smoke is a delight and the smokey sweet Latakia pleases with every puff. No question the maximum recommendation available from this ecstatic smoker! Couldn't be ANY BETTER, thanks McClelland and Mr. Hanna- you hit a home run.

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (25)

Today is the early part of June 2010--I visited the J.M. Boswell store today as I have the grand privaledge of living close to this fabulous, and talented pipe maker, and artisan. I picked up atin of the "Legends", and all I can say is---for the folks at McClellands is---SWING---hit and---HOME RUN. What a wonderful blend. I as stated in other reviews simply LOVE, oh yeah did I say love Latakia blends. I am used to the British woods as my first choice, but this stuff has a slighly detected fruity taste in with the Latakia. FOLKS who like English blends----YOU GOTTA TRY IT. I cannot begin to tell you just how amazing this stuff is.

Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

I could not wait to try Legend as I know Dr. Hanna is an excellent writer and philosopher. But, can he blend tobacco? The answer is YOU BETCHA!

The Latakia is dominant but the extras are expertly put together to make this tobacco truly shine. This Latakia offering has more strength (a good thing!) than most, and is gentle without any harshness. I think the Orientals in this blend provide a subtle sweetness that enhances the overall presentation. Whether this tobacco ages well remains to be seen but a few more tins will go in my "celler," and I plan on finding out.

Fred won the Dr. of Pipe award at this year's Chicago Show. He could well win Dr. of Tobacco with this entry!

Mr. Hanna has truly outdone himself with this fine mixture. A serious blend for smokers of the extraordinary blends of yesteryear. Smokey Cyprian Latakia and wonderful Virginias add elegance to the blend, but it's the Orientals (Mahalla and Drama) that make this superb mixture shine. If you were a fan of the old 759 made by Sobranie, then you'll be right at home with this in your pipe. Cool, flavourful and nary a bite, this should cellar very well.

Thanks Fred. You've made this pipe smoker extremely happy.

HIGHLY recommended.