A full bodied, slightly sweet mix with a tempting aroma of Almonds, topped with a Bourbon, Vanilla flavor. Smooth Black Cavendish, dark Virginias, some broad leaf with a touch of Oriental.

BrandSavinelli
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp & Co.
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringVanilla, Almond, Coffee, Alcohol / Liquor, Whisky, Bourbon, Sherry
Packaging50g Pouch, 50g Tin
Strength
Taste
Carbon cake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Carbon cake (9)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Aroma the name could not be any more perfect. When I was poking around the different pipe tobaccos At my local store i started to smell what I thought was my moms rum cake so I looked down and saw this tin that was beat the F#** up and dusty but still unopened, so I picked it up and dusted it off and took it home. When I got home I poped the tin open with a coin so I could dry it but found that it was perfect and ready to smoke. On the first puff the tast was good . You can tast the bourbon first then the vanilla and the almonds for me is the after taste. The room note is very nice in fact it is so nice that my little sister said it smelled like candy in the garage after I finished my bowl. I stored about half of the tin so I have some for a rainy day. I do not plan on buying another tin because I think this tin was sitting on that shelf for a long time before I came a long, and I think if I buy a fresh tin it will not be as good as the first. If you do go out and buy this tobacco I recommend you let the tin age UNOPEND for awhile.

Medium Mild Full Very Pleasant

Savinelli Aroma . The actual blend gives off a fairly strong scent , being a good mixture of all the added aromatics with the sherry taking the lead role . The appearance is very pleasing , with an equal amount of light and dark pieces all about the same size and a superb moisture amount as well . The moisture amount makes for very easy igniting and a good/steady burn . The flavour of the smoke is fairly impressive , you get all the aromatics but unlike the unlit aroma the sherry does not take the lead as you get an equal amount of all of them without it having too much falseness to it . The nicotine level is a very good one as it is satisfying but not too strong . Room note is a very pleasing one as it has an almost candy like quality to it . This would make a superb after dinner tobacco .

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

Simon.c Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Simon.c (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm writing this after my first bowl and I must say as far as aromatics go this stuff is very good.

It's neither overly moist or gloopy nor overly sweet, the tobacco is just to smoke straight from the tin, it almost feels a little dry.

Tin note is wonderful with lots of powdered almonds, vanilla, creamy toffee and just a nice sweetness.

In the pipe the taste is a lot like the tin note but is not overpowering, the smoke is a little dry though and it's has a little bite to it but nothing major, slow smoking removes it completely.

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula

o3Ho3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
o3Ho3 (28)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Vanilla present , almond present , coffee also, liquor almost, whiskey sometimes, sherry yes! Turkish yeah, virginia a lot, black cavendish a little. Very pleasant smoke, not to much and not to little aro. Almost perfect for occasions, whatever they are, but not for every day use.

Pipe Used: always Peterson

Age When Smoked: 1 y

Purchased From: England

John Frum Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
John Frum (15)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Based on the reviews here I bought a tin of Aroma online. I'd been having problems with another sweet aromatic, MacBaren Vanilla Flake (see my review).

After about a dozen bowls, so far, so good. For me this is a user-friendly, sweet aromatic, which is to say it doesn't bite. As another reviewer observes, it is great after a meal, or indeed any time of day. Although the flavouring is strong (gorgeous tin aroma!) I get the tobacco taste as well. Seems on the dry side on opening up the tin but it smokes well. I like it. If you favour sweet aros I'd say it's well worth a try.

samhain5150 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
samhain5150 (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I only give this 3 stars because I feel 4 should be reserved for the true greats. I am not a fan of cavendish or orientals but this aro is truly a great one. Room note is delicious and is the almost sickeningly sweet smoke. Anyone wanting to find an aro that is worthy of a good briar w/o ruining it give this a shot. My wife agrees as well that this smells great in the house. the tobacco flavor does come through toward the end of the bowl leaving you feeling ok about having smoked something so indulgent. The moisture level is a little high as with most tinned tobaccos and benefits from some drying.

jlmdoval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jlmdoval (11)
Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

A pleasant surprise this one. Smokes fine from beginning to the end of the bowl, awesome room note and it leaves a satisfying nut/bourbon taste in your mouth.

Pipe1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe1000 (14)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Savinelli's "Aroma" tobacco smells very strong & sweet from the tin and would make a great dessert smoke (excellent in company of non-smokers!). The smooth vanilla flavour of the tin didn't disappoint when smoked either! My only criticism is that it seemed to day my mouth out considerably, and whatever I had to drink wouldn't help (very strange?!) The tobacco was ever so slightly damp for my liking straight from the tin, but a few minutes of gentle air drying seemed to help no end. I would recommend this tobacco and had I have not been left with a very dry mouth this would be a firm favourite for an after dinner smoke.

darthsaturn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
darthsaturn (2)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I just finished my first bowl of this aromatic. The owner of my local B&M gave me a 50g tin.

The aroma was very sweet and lived up to the description on the tin. "A full bodied, slightly sweet mix with a tempting aroma of Almonds, topped with a Bourbon, Vanilla flavor." I could smell raisins and prunes as well.

The texture was dry for an aro. I thought this was due to the tin having already been opened. However,after reading the above review, I would agree.

It packed well and lit on the first try. (Only had one relight half way through.) This is the first aro I have had that has a very strong, sweet flavor. A little too sweet, if truth be known. I would compare this to eating a very rich dessert. One that tastes incredible, but is hard to finish. It reminded me of a sweet pound cake, like what you would eat around Christmas.

It was not hard for me to finish the bowl, as the flavor began to weaken as I smoked it. Overall, Savinelli Aroma is a blend I would smoke after a very strong meal with a cup of equally strong coffee.

If you are a fan of aros I would suggest giving this a try. If you hate aros, stay away from this rich, sweet blend.

In conclusion, I give this 3 out of 5 pipes.

lordnoble Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lordnoble (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

OK, for you aromatic-haters out there, don't even bother with this blend...

This said, if you like an aromatics, give this a try. I bought a tin of this on a whim when I was at my tobacconists recently. The description interested me, so I figured, why not? I would like to point out that I'm still new to pipe smoking, so it should be understood that I like aromatic blends, quite a bit.

When I got home and cracked open the tin, I was smacked with a sweet smelling tobacco. I immediately thought of carmel-covered almonds. I then could pick out the Cavendish and Jim Beam. I couldn't smell any Oriental in there, but I figured I'd taste it once I lit it up.

I prepared to air it out but when I dug into the black and gold, I found it wasn't moist at all, which surprised me. I usually have to let my aromatics air a few minutes before I can pack them and light. But this time, I packed my Wellington half-full (still breaking it in, but that's like smoking a full bowl on most of my other pipes anyway), and lit up.

It lit well right out of the tin, and after the charring light it stayed lit for a considerable while. It went out a few times, but I chalked that up to me using that beast of a pipe. I'm still learning its ways. It smoked cool and had an incredible room note. I enjoyed it to the bottom (OK it was mostly done, but it started to rain, and I decided to go in).

The taste was sweet which I figured must be the Virginia's doing their job, but also the casing and top-flavor. I savored each puff before letting it drift from my mouth. There was no tongue-bite. That made me happy. The room note smelled kinda like candied apples, but without too much of the apples... It got my wife's approval in a major way. She moved her chair to get the aroma better.

The next time I smoked it was very similar in most cases, but I found that my corncob pipe burned a bit hotter (it's no Wellington), and the smoke seemed to be smoother. It again packed well, but I didn't relight at all. It burned to the bottom leaving a fine, white ash. Still no tongue-bite, which surprised me as Virginias tend to nip me when I smoke them in my cob.

In conclusion, I am really pleased with this blend. I find it is increasingly my first bowl of the day, and goes great with my morning cup of coffee. It's made its way into my regular rotation, but it hasn't replaced my Black Cavendish as an every-day smoke.