In the Holland tradition a mild, quality tobacco with no bite and a pleasing aroma. Hand blended using high grade shag Burley, Virginia bright, Virginia long cut, Carolinas, Connecticut shade grown leaf and Turkish Yenidje.

Brand1776 Tobacco Co
3.7
crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (55)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

If your superpower was being able to taste how a bakery smells, move along and find something else. For those of us that cant taste how a bakery smells this is the blend for you! Vanilla is what stands out but there are other subtle tastes that can be found while you smoke this blend like cherries or berries , maybe even a flavored liquor is hidden inside.

Smoke this everyday if you are an aromatic guy, smoke this every few days if you smoke aros and non aros in your rotation and if you stay away from aros thinking they are all like paladin and the rest of goopy sloppy sweet blends.. try this and you will find out what the gold standard of aromatics should be!

Pipe Used: cherry wood freehand

Age When Smoked: over a year old

Purchased From: Gift

Old German puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old German puffer (106)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I got this as a 2 oz. free sample. The company ran a special for 5 free 1 oz packages if you paid $7.00 for shipping. I was surprised when I only got 4 but 2 oz of this instead of one. Two days later the other sample came. The tobacco itself is very mild and a pleasant smoke. Packs very well. The cut is solid. No crumbs here. It lights with one match and stays lit with little effort. Good room note and stores very well in jars. Ended up buying 5 pounds. It is not one of my daily smokes but when the mood strikes I crack open the jar.

Pipe Used: Stanwell

Age When Smoked: bulk in jars 1 to 2 years.

Purchased From: Direct from company

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (102)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

When I read about this blend on line - it immediatley became one of those - "I gotta try's." I mean "Klompen Kloggen" - Cmon what heck is that? Even the name conotates an exotic local somewhere in Europe - where people are running around in clogs and traveling in boats via cannals and water ways.

My sample soon arrived at my doorstep. I smelled the tobaco, filled my pipe, smoked a bowl, and then scratched my head. What are the flavorings? And....do I like it? - I wondered. This procedure continued for many days - as - I wondered, smoked, scratched and ruminated about this mysterious blend.

Ah, Lady Nicotine - you are a mysterious mistress sometimes...

As the days passed on - and - after many smokes - I started getting aquainted with this blend - and soon discovered that not only did I love it - but I started to crave it on a daly basis. In fact - during work - I would often think - "Boy, I want to go home and light up a bowl of that Klompen Thing in one of my Danish Pipes!"

So here is my take on this awesome blend:

The blend smokes warmly in the bowl. There is no bite. And the flavorings - as far as I can make out are - vanilla - like the vanilla in a Foster Freeze or Dairy Queen ice cream cone, sweet dairy cream butter, baking spices, toasted marshmallow and bitter almond. So the overall taste is a complex and almost impossible to describe - but absolutely delicious. The lovely thing about this blend is - the complexity continues throughout the smoke - to the very bottom of the bowl.

Holland. Klompen Kloggen - is definitely a place and tobacco I want to visit - especially - after a stressful day of work. 4 Stars all the way.