Unfortunately the tin does not give away much information about the tobacco: Tabak Götz, Hand blended, Special London Flake

Notes: I guess this flake is produced by Ilsted due to the way the tobacco is packed in the tin. (Same size of flakes and same paper cover like e.g. Ilsted's Own Golden Flake)

Blended ByKohlhase & Kopp
ContentsVirginia, Perique, Latakia
Very Full
Tolerable to Strong
TheBavarian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheBavarian (9)
Strong Medium Very Full Tolerable to Strong

I can't tell exactly of which tobaccos this flake is composed, but given its heavy, leathery and somewhat peppery taste I guess it must be a combination of Latakia, Virgina and something like Perique or Kentucky. The flavouring is traditional Englisch and reminds me of Samuel Gawith's Bracken Flake or Iltsted's Dark Fired Kentucky Plug. The flakes are pitchblack and rather dry out of the tin and tend to crumble to tiny pieces. Lighting them is almost a nobrainer. At first the flavouring and the Latakia take the lead. At about third to half of the bowl a peppery spicyness begins to punch through. This is definitely a flake for those who crave for a genuine strong and harsh taste much like the stuff must have tasted in the pipes of english workers during the 19th century. As far as the roomnote is concerned I recommend smoking this baccy outside or only in company of latakia- or cigar-fans. My brother told me that to him the smoke smelled as if it contained traces of incense mixed with the aroma of a strong cigar. For sure not my all day smoke but an nice treat if i need some really powerful tobacco.