Velvety smooth, mellow and richly fragrant, this elegant, caramel-flavored and mild aromatic pipe tobacco creates a satisfying island of quiet in a busy day.

Notes: Originally introduced in May, 2010 for the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors' Club, is now part of the Club Blends Series.

Blended ByMcClelland

3.2
Kraft1994 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kraft1994 (54)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

As far as aromatics go this is a rather nice one. Smooth and sweet. It will bite if your not careful when smoking but other than that its a smooth smoking, and smooth burning smoke. The caramel flavor is the primary note in the smoke with hints of sweet virginia from time to time. I prefer this blend as dessert after dinner. Just as sweet and delicious as that piece of cake but without the calories!

codyp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
codyp (65)
Very Mild Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This blend had lots of potential but only gets three stars from me. The strength was very low, as I expected from this. That natural taste was kind of killed by the extreme casing, and it also had some tongue bite. It just wasn't as smooth as you would expect from such a great blender.

When it comes to casing and room note it was very much caramel. Anyone would say this smells incredible. The tobacco smoking itself was just almost too much.

If you are an avid aromatic smoker, this is definitely for you, if not, I would stay away.

Pipe Used: H.I.S Egg, Peterson System (Bent), Cob

Purchased From: Smokedale Tobacco WI

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

this is an excellent aromatic tobacco. tastes like a good virginia with a background taste of sweet savory caramel. and the room note is to die for

antipodesman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
antipodesman (2)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

My expectations were low for Caramel Rush. My experience was a pleasant surprise. It allowed heavy puffing with no adverse effects. I obtained this in a package of previously opened tins. It was still moist but definitely did not bite. The flavour was pretty good and I think it would be appreciated in social situations. It is going to be a favourite. Any tobacco I would buy again gets four stars and this is one of them.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Very Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

For a McClelland aromatic, this one was very uneventful. I expected much more before I opened the tin. Caramel RUSH? It was more like Caramel Whisper. Any topping that was added to this blend was done way too lightly. The tobacco seems replayed for all McClelland aromatics, inlcuding Nording blends. It isn't a bad blend, but just not my cup o' tea.

porshcigar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
porshcigar (27)
Very Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I do not smoke aromatics, no cherry, no whiskey, no honey or apricots. But when Tad Gage praised this blend at a Chicago Club meeting, he urged everyone to give it a try despite the name and the smell in the tin. I originally bought 1 tin and tried it. Since then have have bought 10 more tins. I find it to light well and smoke well, despite it appearing to be quite moist in the tin. I think it is a very mild smoke, and I use it to break up my usual latakia blend smoking. I am limiting this blend to only a few pipes, because the caramel smell might just be tough to eliminate from a pipe. So it looks like I will wind up with several pipes dedicated to this blend. I recommend trying it, you might just like it, even if you are a dedicated latakia smoker.

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)
Mild Very Strong Mild Pleasant

Definitely very heavy on the caramel flavoring, this one had just too much chemically topping for me to abide by, and I simply couldn't get through it, even after weeks of airing it. I dub thee "Chemical Rush." If you find something appealing about this heavy aromatic concoction, I highly recommend giving McClelland's excellent Tastemaster a try, as I feel it to be a far superior alternative aromatic, if not the best in McClelland's aromatic line.

harkpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
harkpipe (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Upon opening the tin I found the aroma to be very aromatic and almost overwhelming but was exactly as described in the latest edition of P&T magazine. The write up in P&T was such that I just had to give this aromatic a try. Caramel, maple syrup, and buttered pancakes is what came to mind from my initial whiff from the tin. After trying a few bowls I could almost describe it as Captain Black on steroids. I found the flavorings to be a little on the heavy side. In reality, I think I prefer the over all room note and flavor of Captain Black better than this one. I found it to be a little wet from the container and even after letting it dry for an hour or so before packing I found it took three matches to keep it going and finally a fourth to finish the bowl in my medium size cob. I'm one that has been moving more toward the English blends so my taste for the aromatics is subsiding somewhat. However, I do still like the aromatics now and then. This one would definitely get the thumbs up from the wives for room note and I would recommend this to the aromatic smokers out there.

harkpipe

shudd3r2th1nk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
shudd3r2th1nk (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Absolutely delicious to the senses. As an aromatic, the smell is that of the maple--of maple bacon, or farm fresh maple syrup glistening on pancakes, hot luscious aromas titillating the palatte--

Sorry, the taste and aroma were almost overwhelming.

As the previous reviewer noted, it is a treat, great for when you have that sweet tooth.

A fine grey ash, little goopy dottle... but then i didn't air it out any, straight out of the can with no time to think--caramel, maple syrup, scrumptuous, try some, its amazing!

Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Not my norm! I'm generally heavy latakia, orientals, @virginia's. But I like this alot it burns well and smells great. It reminds me of Iwan Ries Buttered Rum. Which is a good thing, it's a nice break from the heavy blends I lean to. It burns easy with a nice white ash

Try some you might be in for a treat!