Classic, matured Virginia is untreated and delicately sweet. Jabberwock is "Scottish" in style, with several rich Virginias aged to a lively reddish-brown. It rubs out cleanly, in long ribbons and satisfies the most demanding palate.

BrandGeorgetown Tobacco
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium
Pleasant, Tolerable
2.5
Pipepundit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipepundit (168)

I smoked rather a lot of Jabberwock in the years 2001-2003 - four or five pounds of it, in fact. I had initially bought it because of the name, but continued smoking it for its qualities. It is a no-frills straight forward tobacco which will not draw any superlatives. But it is an honest workaday blend which satisfies. There are far better blends available and eventually Jabberwock failed to sustain a long term interest. There is nothing wrong with it - it burns well with just a pleasant hint of sweetness, the nicotine is satisfactory and the room note is pure tobacco. But there is also the absence of finesse and distinction which alone would justify four stars.

Lowland Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lowland Piper (12)
Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

This is a nicely crafted Virginia flake. It is worth trying if you want to explore a tobacco with really no noticeable additives, no sweetening or other flavors. In that regard, I enjoyed it. I am not sure if that would really appeal to everyone, so I gave it 2 stars instead of 3. Don't get me wrong though, this is a good quality tobacco. I might be too stingy in handing out stars.

The flavors to me presented more of the "toast" aspect of Virginia tobaccos, very little sweetness. I think that is what the are referring to when they called it "delicate" in the product description. I think in the spectrum, it falls somewhere between a naturally sweeter red VA and a more toasty golden VA.

Being a flake (but slightly broken up due to being sold in bulk), it burns slow and cool.