Choice tobacco. Very mild tobacco for all day puffing.

BrandVan Eerkoms
Packaging25g, 50g, 100g Pouch
CountryZA
Strength
Taste
3.7
Papa Koala Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papa Koala (8)

Perhaps I should stop reviewing these SA brands and just keep them as a 'best kept secret'. Super stuff. Have a bowl of this with a strong cup of tea and a cinnamon biscuit, "perfect!"

RobT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RobT (2)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Gents this traditional South African Blend is unlikely to go out of fashion - ever. It is inexpensive, mild enough for an all day smoke, has a great 'honest' room note, and a burley like appeal. I will never have this blend missing from my list.

Rob

mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (79)
Medium Extremely Mild Mild Tolerable

Hi all.

I have always pulled up my nose at this blend until some elderly gentleman basically put it in my pipe and handed it to me.

It has a very light burly taste thats is unlike most burly mixtures in that it does not get bitter. Its mild tasting with a decent tobacco flavour and medium vitn. Its not bad. I have been smoking this exclusively for a few weeks and am not tiring of it.

Its well priced and a very decent smoke. What more does one want?

Mo, helderberg40@gmail.com

Burney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Burney (5)
Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

This is as advertised, a very nice smoke for every day puffing. I however find it has a tendency to die on you when you least expect it.

It is a very nice "neutralizer" for some of the aromatics out there. It works particularly well for Rum & Maple. This particular mixture however has a tendency to engage you in conversation halfway threw the bowl. Thus, keep a pipecleaner handy, or practice your wrist flick, actually my favorite way to get rid of oil.

Timonmeerkat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Timonmeerkat (3)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is my second favourite tobacco next to Jock (also Van Erkoms). Very affordable. An everyday smoker. I also inhale my pipe and this inhales fine :)

twaksak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
twaksak (42)

Again, like Jock, I was skeptical of our SA blends but this one also surprised me. Good honest unadultered tobacco.

In the bag: a fresh earthy (typical South African blends) aroma with clear notes of dried fruit / peaches. A nutty flavour was also slightly present.

At first light the peaches / dried fruit was evident and as it fades away, the plain earthy tobacco with a slight nuttiness remains.

Throughout the bowl, this earthy genuine tobacco remains and leaves you with a pleasant smoke.

Pipe Used: Savinelli, Nording

TarantulaDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TarantulaDan (1)
Medium to Strong Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

I find this to be a great everyday smoke and its bland enough to add my own flavoring. i'm new to pipe smoking having recently switched to pipe from cigarettes

Pipe Used: Briar