Aromatic; Our number one selling aromatic. Mild and sweet flavor with an aroma ladies love. Your pipe stays sweet with this wonderful blend of high grade tobaccos.

BrandSterling Tobacco Co

3.8
clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (26)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a blend that I find to be very enjoyable. A mild aromatic that has a warm nut, vanilla and spice flavoring. It reminds me of the cordial - Frangelico. In fact, when I first opened the pouch - I thought this blend might be flavored with that liquor - however, since no flavorings are mentioned in the description - your guess is as good as mine.

It smokes smooth and creamy . There is absolutely no tongue bite - although if you puffed it to quickly - you might get a slight tongue and palate burn. It reminds me of an older brother of "Otter Creek" a superb aromatic blend - from 4 Noggins (blended by Richard Gottlieb.

This is the kind of tobacco I want to smoke on a overcast or rainy day - when I want that comforting kind of smoke to go with a rich and dark roasted cup of coffee.

Like all the blends I have tried from Sterling and 1776 Tobacco Co. - the tobbacco burns to a white ash which leaves very little gunk left in the pipe making the pipe easy to clean.

I give this pipe tobacco - 4 stars - and if you love a superb aromatic with no tongue bite - I encourage you to try it.

SSG P Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SSG P (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Sweet briar is a very pleasant tobacco. Nothing to inspire poetry, just a good quality smoke.

It smelled a little mellow in the bag, not sure if I got a sample from the tail end of a batch or what, but it didn't have much aroma other than tobacco, & a hint of cherry/vanilla. It was rather dry, so I loaded it right up & tried a bowl without giving it a chance to dry any more.

From first light the taste was airy & mild, almost too mild for me, but I figured I'd stick with it & see how it developed. It had a tendancy to burn rather hot if I really pushed it, but when puffed patiently, the flavor really opened up. It stayed sweet to the bottom of the bowl, & as advertised, a couple of days later, when I rotated back to the same pipe, it still had a sweet, fresh aroma to it.

Nice mellow smoke for the morning time, or even just a nice break from the heavier blends.

Side Note: When I had less than half an ounce left, I dumped it into my leftover jar with about half of an ounce of H&H Burley Kake. SPLENDID! Highly recommend!

jimmy_C Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jimmy_C (9)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I really like this blend. In the In the bag its got a sweet smell and is nice. It smelled nutty and it had spicy sweeness. packed easy as pie. I only had to do the char light. it stayed a light. It was a nice and mild a cool smoke the room note was graet!. The ladies really do love this. POINTS! Its one of my wifes favs "that a good thing" like I said POINTS! Of Jack's blends my wife really likes the room note of all the ones I have tried. and my daughters to. No real bite. vary enjoyable to smoke. this bend will become a reg. smoke for me if not at least one bowl a day. I encourge new and old hats to try this bend. It is one of the most enjoyable blends to date for me. Way to go jack! It burned great, down to a nice white ash. As I smoked this blend I try to fig. out what i was tasting it was sweet. if there is a flovor sweet. its got a nice nutty, spicy flavor that is sweet but not to stong. well balanced blend i think. In my eyes truely a 4 star blend.

paulw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulw (32)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I got to smoke this several times before Colony Tobacco went out of business. I loved this blend it really reminded me of Lane BCA blend which is a fantastic vanilla tobacco! The tobacco burned cool and did not bite, and smelled, tasted very great vanilla!