A complex yet mild blend consisting of Virginias, Burley, Perique, unflavored Black cavendish, and a pinch of Latakia.

BrandW. Curtis Draper
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
RyinMD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyinMD (8)

Maybe the blend has changed, but the notes in the store list this as having burley and Virginia flake, cube cut burley, black cavindish, with vanilla and a touch of deer tongue. I tasted all of this. This is a dry tobacco blend, not wet at all. There's a light vanilla scent in the bag and in the room afterward. I have heard deer tongue has sort of a minty flavor, and that is noticable. This is a great tobacco, and I'm glad I tried it. It has gone into my regular rotation - especially when I'm in the mood for a burley.

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Again, I would like to thank Matt. He is a very knowlegeable tobacconist. I asked for something VERY different. He proceeded to dig under the counter till he found a 5 lb bag of WINGATE. Not on display, but well worth asking for. Matt describes it as a Hodge-Podge of Weird and Unique stuff. He gave a very accurate description. A muted English/Non aromatic blend with the addition of some Black Cavendish. This mix has a very "FADER's" quality to it. It might be they use similar Virgiias as a base? I don't know but I can say it is good stuff. More non aromatic than English in taste. Latakia BARELY makes its presence known but the Perique is Perceptible. Worth trying for a change of pace for everybody. 3 stars.