Starting with a fine blend of Turkish ribbon, we have added an extremely high-grade fully rubbed Matured Cake Virginia. This full mixture is intense in flavor and natural aroma due to the high content of Cyprian Latakia. The result is a very rich and satisfying smoke.

BrandChief Catoonah Tobacconist
Blended ByDick Silverman
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Strong
Taste
Full
Tolerable to Strong

Passion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Passion (28)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

This is one of my favorite Heavy English blends. Dick has created an absolute winner and I hope more of you get to know this blend. The thing that makes this stand out from the rest of the English jungle is that to my senses, right from the bag it tastes like the tobaccos used are well aged. After letting them marry together for a while, I can see this continuing to improve in flavor. This is one to cellar for sure!

The quality of leaf and balance of flavor is absolutely superb. And no matter how hard I puff I can't get anything but smoothness, no tongue bite.

Highly recommended!

Greysmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greysmoke (1)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

I clearly recall first trying this blend about 12 years ago. I was new to Latakia at the time and my first few puffs very nearly put me off the stuff for good. But halfway into that first bowl the magic took hold, and for years this has been my favorite smoke.

BBB is heavy on Latakia, make no mistake about it. The "nose" is quite rich, but the sweeter note of the Virginia tobacco is clearly present, giving this blend a complexity and richness that I've appreciated year after year.

It keeps quite well; I have a batch that's nearly 12 years old now. It's proven to be stable, richening by subtle degrees over time.

There are tobaccos I've enjoyed more from time to time, notably the late, lamented Bengal Slices. But there has never been a steadier companion. If you appreciate a truly full English blend, this is highly recommended.

bigtime Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bigtime (2)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Got a sample of this (love that free stuff) at the Chicago pipe show and had a brief conversation with Dick Silverman over the origin of the name. I had no idea that it would become one of my "go to" tobaccos. Just starting to review so excuse my lack of all those specialty words we are supposed to know. But I have been smoking pipes for 40 years and know what I like. This is a GREAT tobacco, rich, oodles of smoke, minimal or no bite, tastes like pipe tobacco and not a parfait. Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: briar

Purchased From: chief catoonah web

The Saint Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Saint (6)
Strong None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

Virgina,Latakia and Turkish with no Perique. Sounds like it was personally blended for me. Strong yes, but still very smooth. To me this is Dick's best blend.