Starting with a fine blend of Turkish ribbon, we have added an extremely high-grade fully rubbed Matured Cake Virginia. This full mixture is intense in flavor and natural aroma due to the high content of Cyprian Latakia. The result is a very rich and satisfying smoke.

BrandChief Catoonah Tobacconist
Blended ByDick Silverman
Strength
Strong
Taste
Medium, Full
Tolerable to Strong

Greysmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greysmoke (1)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

I clearly recall first trying this blend about 12 years ago. I was new to Latakia at the time and my first few puffs very nearly put me off the stuff for good. But halfway into that first bowl the magic took hold, and for years this has been my favorite smoke.

BBB is heavy on Latakia, make no mistake about it. The "nose" is quite rich, but the sweeter note of the Virginia tobacco is clearly present, giving this blend a complexity and richness that I've appreciated year after year.

It keeps quite well; I have a batch that's nearly 12 years old now. It's proven to be stable, richening by subtle degrees over time.

There are tobaccos I've enjoyed more from time to time, notably the late, lamented Bengal Slices. But there has never been a steadier companion. If you appreciate a truly full English blend, this is highly recommended.

The Saint Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Saint (7)
Strong None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

Virgina,Latakia and Turkish with no Perique. Sounds like it was personally blended for me. Strong yes, but still very smooth. To me this is Dick's best blend.