A rich and smooth mixture of Burleys and Lemon Virginias with hints of caramel, nuts, and creamy vanillas. Perfect for after dinner.

FlavoringCaramel, Cream, Nuts / Beans
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
1.7
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (95)

This review will be short. I ordered several one ounce aromatic samples from Pipes and cigars and was disappointed in this. No real aromatic aroma or flavor, just some burley and black Cavendish with a very light and I mean light vanilla / chocolate tin note. This is for the burley guy that wants something to make the wife happy, it has way more punch nicotine wise than a black Cavendish smoker would be used to or want and real tobacco flavor. Might be someone's cup of tea but I was looking for a heavy aromatic....

Pipe Used: Cobs

Age When Smoked: Fresh from bulk

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

I ordered 8 oz of Peter Stokkebye Nougat, but instead I go this crap. I guess they thought the could fool the customer. Needless to say I will not be buying form them anymore. I had a stash of original Peters Nougat to compare and this stuff smells like wet clothes that has been in the laundry basket for a few days, with a hint of vanilla. Burns ok, room note ok, but nothing like Peters Nougat. Even my wife asked if I was smoking something new. It leaves a stale taste on the tongue for a few days. Wasted $16, thanks cup'o'joes.

Fellow traveler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fellow traveler (64)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Just bought a 1/2 lb last week, just to see if it is identical to Peter Stokkebye Nougat. It is not the same, this has more flavor and a courser cut, also more vit n. I thought the SPS stood for "Substitute Peter Stokkeby", but it stands for "Sutliff Private Stock".

Pouch: Moderately dry, no heavy casing. Smell of vanilla, delicate application, flavored, not cased. The overall smell is rich and mouth watering.

Flame: Burns well, lots of dry smoke. No harshness. No tongue bite. Taste of light chocolate, little vanilla. Nice cavendish sweetness.

Nose: Smooth, fragrant, but dry smoke. Not steamy. Little nose tingle. Down Bowl: Stays dry, no bitterness from the burly. No wetness in pipe. Flavor changes to a mild sweet virginia tobacco as flavoring burns off, burly is in backround. Few relights necessary. Good morning smoke, need quite to enjoy the subtle flavor. Best prior to any food. N is slight at first, but because it does not get wet and goopy I smoked the whole pipe so the cumulative effect was medium and was satisfying at the end. Pipe was dry at end of bowl. Distinct taste of black walnut.

Aftertaste: Subtle tobacco, no bitterness, nice flavor on tongue, with a bit of tingle but no bite. Flavor in nose is faint tobacco.

Conclusion: Great mild/medium aromatic. Very nice overall, and similar to Lane LL7. A milder but similar smoke is Peter Stokkebye Nougat. This tobacco has replaced Lane's 1Q, LL7, RPL-6, and Stokkeby's Nougat in my rotation and does well when I need a sweet fix. Another great job from Altadis.

09/10 UPDATE: 09/10 UPDATE: I find this leaves a metalic aftertaste with an ashy pasty feel in my mouth (burly mouth). Will toss the remainder and not buy again.