Sutliff's match for Dunhill's London Mixture.

Blended ByCarl McCallister
Strength
Taste

The Cyprian latakia does not overwhelm the other components, but possesses the smokey, woody sweet qualities you expect it to. The Turkish provides a dry, woody, slightly buttery sweetness as a complimentary addition. The Virginias are a little grassy with a light tangy citrus, and a touch of earth as the base component. The differences between this and the original is that the Virginia in the Match has fewer grass notes, and is a little sweeter, and maybe has a pinch less latakia, though the sweetness of the Va. might be mitigating the latakia hit just a mite. Otherwise, it’s a fairly close Match and less expensive, too. The strength and taste levels are in the center of mild to medium. Has a mild nic-hit. Won't bite or get harsh. Burns cool (more so than the original, which could get warm on the tongue) and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and needs an average number of relights. Has a nice after taste, and is an all day smoke. I gave three stars to the original.

Haroldt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Haroldt (25)

I’m a big fan of both Match and Dunhill’s Early Morning Pipe. If I’m having a morning smoke while reading the bible, EMP is my smoke of choose. Having said that; had I been introduced to London Mixture first, this could have easily been my morning blend. (But then again the name Early Morning Pipe kinda says it all)

This London Mixture is real nice. A little sweetness is enjoyed and the aroma in the bag, tickling the nose and the room is a pure delight.

I can certainly see London Mixture as being part of my rotation.

Age When Smoked: just received

Purchased From: Pipe and Cigar

Similar Blends: Early Morning Pipe, but a tad sweeter..

sirchud68 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sirchud68 (58)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I was very surprised at this blend. A very mild English mixture that the B&M swore was actual Dunhill. Regardless, I gave it a shot and enjoyed. Kind of bitey but after a bowl or two my mouth adjusted just fine. It's hard for me to find any tinned English blends so I'll stick with this bulk. Worth the price!