Golden Virginia with a brown vein is pressed into a Navy Cut, cut
into slices and packaged in whole. A genuine, classically sweet
flake, slow-burning, cool and gentle.

BrandTimm
Blended ByDan Tobacco
Packaging50 g pouch, 200 g bulk
Strength
Taste

Thus far, I have basically ignored all the Timm blends, though they are manufactured locally (defining "locally" as "less than 60 mi. away from where I live"). I finally got my thing together to order a pouch of this blend a couple of weeks ago when I was low on flakes.

The pouch aroma is fresh, nutty and sweet, the flake slices are full-sized (i.e. just right to fold, twist, drop into a tall bowl) and of average cut, but rather brittle - I'd say no glue applied. The leaf ranges from bright golden to medium brown. Lighting is pretty easy for a flake, and it'll burn cool and slow.

The taste is very much sweet VA, with a hint of bubbliness in there (maybe somebody lost a few grams of Perique when my batch was packaged...?), the burleyesque nuts/chocolate note from the pouch aroma is not found in the taste and I'd say there is, if any, very little Burley in there. Light notes of citrus (orange-ish) and nice, warm sweetness.

Good VA flake, not a taste explosion but a very good smoke that may well find its way into my rotation as my standard flake (a position currently held by MacBaren's Navy Flake) if the quality persists throughout the next pouches.

Update 2011-03-24: the quality persists. Ordering a bulk package.

Update 2011-06-22: The bulk package contains incredibly long and wide slices; still a beauty; up-rating to 4 stars.