Mild Cavendish, burley and Virginia plus coffee extract.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCoffee
Strength
Taste

I almost hate to review this one and possibly take it's total down a star, since the other 3 reviewers seem to have gotten more from this than I did.

This is definitely an aromatic, but it did not exhibit the common trait of leaving a wet heel - and for that, I was most thankful. No need for multiple pipe cleaners to clear gurgles. As mentioned, this is not based off a run of the mill black cavendish and the bag aroma is very good. Definitely a pretty noticeable aroma of coffee. Taste-wise, this did not perform very well. After the first quarter-bowl, I consistently got an unpleasant ashy, dirty taste with each puff, mild at first and then progressing to severe as I got down the bowl. I was only able to smoke 3 bowls of this before deciding it was not for me. The good news is that it makes wonderful potpourri for my smoking room, for when I'm not smoking. This is hard for me to recommend for smoking and it's nowhere near as good as C & D's Espresso, which also tastes of coffee. I'd recommend that one first.

omegapd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
omegapd (81)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This was a C&D Aromatic I really liked and totally different from the Espresso and Mocha blends they offer. This is a ribbon/rough cut of very pale tobaccos that come very dry. There's no black cavendish at all, so I figured this would be a higher-class aromatic. The pouch aroma has a strong scent of coffee extract- not as nice as C&D's Espresso, but still good. This is more of a Brazilian Arabica aroma (not the best coffees in the world, but you can tell it's coffee) instead of getting a hodge-podge of smells like in Espresso (coffee, caramel, maybe vanilla). It lights easily and burns very well. The tobaccos used make this a very strong smoke in nicotine strength and flavor. It could never be an everyday/all day smoke because of this, but the sample went well with strong black coffee in the morning as a huge wake me up. A pretty good aromatic overall, and probably the best coffee flavored blend I've tried so far.

Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The coffee flavor is decent, but not outstanding. I did get a few burley notes and a touch of vanilla, too. Like reviewer DK, I thought it burned harsh near the end, and I didn't think the flavor was as good as C&D's Expresso. It burned well and dry, and in a pinch, it'll do for some, but not for me, so long as I could have the Expresso blend.

Lucas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lucas (7)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I smoke a bowl of Coffee with my mug of joe every morning (for the past year). Perfect combo- not too heavy for a morning smoke, and very tasty, burns clean to the bottom of the bowl. Highly recommended.

pop-pop's pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pop-pop's pipe (96)

I bought this and mixed it with a Frangelico flavored tobacco, what a perfect combo! I wish I could still find either or.