An exceptionally high quality English blend of the mildest Scandinavian tobaccos plus light and black Cavendish and long cut Latakia in just the right balance. A full-bodied, yet mild, taste treat for the serious pipe smoker.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

Blended ByAmar Blends Co.
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Latakia
Strength
Taste
jonoz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jonoz (4)

I have tried about 20 or more C&D/GLP tobaccos in the last 12 months, all with 4 stars from this site. I have been overwhelmed and underwhelmed, tonguefried and rendered comatose,all in search of "the ONE" I dont know if Scanlish is "the ONE" but it is 4 stars from me over all that I have tried. It is simply delightful. It has an ethereal quality that is hard to describe and is unlike any I've smoked, and you have to concentrate a little to appreciate it. I guess it's a bit like GLP Samarra but toned way back(that's good IMO) I do like Samarra and Black Frigate although they come into the 'overwhelming ' category for me. I would love to love Super Balkan but I seem to have tongue issues with it.