Turkish tobaccos take the front seat in this mild all day blend. A mixture of several different Turkish tobaccos are combined with bright and red Virginia's and Cavendish for a unique and mild smoking experience.

BrandPark-Lane Tobacconist
Blended ByPaul Bonacquisti
Manufactured ByPark Lane
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsCavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste

Park Lane’s Oriental Scene One is an interesting mixture. I started smoking this blend a couple of years ago and put it aside after encountering Park Lane’s Turkish Mystery and Oriental Scene Two. Now returning it again my thoughts have somewhat changed. It comes at a moisture level that is just right. The pouch scent doesn’t reveal much of what’s to come. During the first half of the bowl, the Orientals offer almost a “cigar like” note. There is no cigar leaf in it, so I think it could be some Sokhoum leaf, but that is just a guess as I don’t know if something like that would be available. By mid bowl, the sweetness and flavor of the Cavendish starts to show up. But it has been really well done and those (including me) that might have a concern due to the Cavendish need not be too concerned. It just lightly enhanced the smoke with an extra dimension. The red Virginia adds a small amount of tang. I enjoy Oriental Scene One more than Scene Two, but I still find Turkish Mystery to be my favorite of the three. All of them are worthy of a try for lovers of Turkish blends.

Purchased From: Park Lane Tobacconist

This is one of five blends in PL's English Sampler #4.

Mildly sour buttery notes from the Orientals. Mildly sweet notes of citrus from the Virginias. Nice interplay between the two. This blend has more depth than I expected. Could that be coming from the Cavendish? I'm not terribly well educated on Cavendish, so I don't know. I do know that this all adds up to a very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe Used: MM Freehand, MM General