Smooth and cool burning, this mixture of specially treated cubed Burley, Red Virginias, Latakia and Perique is enhanced by the addition of a very light fruit top dressing. A unique mixture, inspired by the "Country Doctor" we know.

BrandPark-Lane Tobacconist
Blended ByPaul Bonacquisti
ContentsBurley, Latakia, Perique, Virginia
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste

I had been looking forward for some time to break open a jar of Doctor’s Mixture. The idea of a light aromatic with several component tobaccos sounded interesting. In the jar, DM smells more of tobacco than of topping. It is possible that some of the topping evaporated because I bought this from a large jar in the Park Lane store. The reason why I bring that up is because this is very mildly fruit flavored, and the tobacco flavor easily comes through. The dominate tobacco flavor is of the Burley with the Latakia being condimental, and the Virginia playing second chair. DM can burn a little hot, if you are a puffer like me. Doctor’s Mixture is a light aromatic that can be enjoyed by aromatic lovers and non-aromatic smokers alike. But for me, and the cadence I prefer to smoke, it DM won’t likely make a return visit to my pipe.

Purchased From: Park Lane Tobacconist

Max1a Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Max1a (29)

I am upgrading this to 4 stars. This is a tobacco that never ceases to suprise you. It seems to get better and beter each time you smoke it and I aways seem to gravitate back to this. I am changing my opinion about it being like C&D Epiphany as well, it is not like Epiphany at all, it is much, much better and ages miraculously. Just try it, you will understand what I mean about it "never ceases to suprise you"!

- This is a very unique tobacco mixture, very much along the same lines as C&D Epiphany. Very well rounded! Has a deep, deep sweet type taste to it and then "pow" a burst of orientals, then back to a nice gentle smoke. Incredible! And very hard to define. All in All, this is an outstanding blend No bite, but it does leave an after taste which is quite pleasent but is easily washed down with an alcoholic beverage. Nothing wrong with that!-