A special blend of seven different Virginia tobaccos, bright and stoved tobaccos are accented by pressed flakes and Virginia cakes. The blend is then mellowed by the addition of Jamaican Rum and matured under pressure in cake form. A unique and satisfying all Virginia blend.

BrandPark-Lane Tobacconist
Blended ByPaul Bonaquisti
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste

I seldom smoke aromatics as I am not a big fan of them, but I try to review them based on the quality of the tobacco and whether or not I think others will like them and I will rate them highly if I think they meet that criteria.

Pipe Club is a blend that think many will enjoy and in this case, that includes me too! A solid base of quality Virginia's offer a sweetness in addition to the cased sweetness. I find the rum to be in the background and not as forward as many tobaccos laced with spirits. For me, Pipe Club smokes best when fully dried out. While not an "Lady N" powerhouse, it's not whimpy either. It's pleasantly sweet but not cloying. It burns cleanly and leaves a nice white ash. Pipe Club will not gunk up your aromatic pipe. Good job by the fine folks at Park Lane! Recommended.

Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I have become more impressed with Park Lanes Blends with everyone I try. I have tried many of their blends now and have never found one yet that I can't recommend as a must try blend. They each and every one are very high quality tobaccos, blended with an obvious intent in mind and they deliever factastic smokes. This one is no different. It is a mix of several different VA's that added together make for a nice slow smoking, very sweet and tasty smoke that has the faintest of rum in the background. The rum is not the dominent player nor is is cloying at all, it mearly adds an interesting flavor that comes and go in the background and adding to the great sweetness of the VA tobaccos. It has a sweet, fresh aroma in the pouch, the tobacco is a mix of tobbacco colors from light khaki to dark almost black in color and is composed of rough cut flakes and ribbons making for an easy to light, easy to keep lit and slowly smokes all the way to the bottom of the pipe with little or no dottle. It produces a grey ash intermingled with dark greys and blacks. The smoke is recieved on the tongue as a sweet, creamy, soft flavor and does not have any bite at all even if pushed. This could very easily be an all day blend as is delivers the flavor and the "N" factor without getting cloying or losing it's flavor. The room aroma is very pleasant, you can smell the rum just a bit in it and it is not overpowering. This is another that I wil keep on hand for a pleasant smoke and I highly recommend trying it. Really a good blend by a great blender.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (57)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I agree 100% with Max's previous review. Nice sweetness to this blend. Obviously made from quality tobaccos. There is a bit of underlying harshness which is I believe from the youth of this blend as previously stated. It is a good smoke now but I believe with some time it has the potential to become really good. I will pack this away for awhile and will report back and update my review.

Max1a Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Max1a (29)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco is exactly what the description says it is. Finest quality tobaccos, of course. Seems quite young, and the Rum scent is quite strong at this point. All in all a very good smoke, but I am going to cellar this pound I purchased and return to it in the Fall.