Masterblend of 3 rich tobaccos. Mildly aromatic. Unique blend of mild, satisfying flavors. Blend of flake cuts and Cavendish cuts. Exclusive no-bite formula.

BrandBlender's Gold
ContentsCavendish, Black Cavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
1.7
beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (100)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

Smoking this stuff is perhaps better than not smoking anything at all…but not by much.

This is, at best, an uncomplicated, more-or-less smokeable, mild aromatic. I bought this last year because I didn't have any other option. I'd been out of the country for a year. When I got back, I was forced to spend a couple of months in a city far removed from my cache of pipes and tobaccos. The best I could do was walk to my nearest drug store, buy a cob, and a bag of the only tobacco they had in stock: Blender's Gold Burley and Black.

So this was my go-to blend for a couple months and I did learn a few things about it. It's a ribbon-cut mix of Burley and Cavendish covered with a generous helping of humectant. Freshly opened, the bag has aromas of vanilla, caramel, and a touch of cider vinegar. It's a very mild smoke with a light vanilla and butterscotch quality. The only problem with this is that it tends to be very steamy, even after extended drying. I found that by far my most enjoyable smokes came in filtered cobs, given all that humectant. Nicotine seems disappointingly low.

All-in-all, this isn't a bad tobacco. It isn't a good tobacco either. And the more a smoker has access to good tobaccos, the worse this will probably seem. I've been mixing the remainder of the bag with simple OTC Burleys and it seems to work ok.

trbtd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
trbtd (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

In the bag it smells artificial and the smoke kind of tastes like plastic (not good). The tobacco has too many additives and it's wet.

Don't buy this.

CJBas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CJBas (26)

The 'light bred' of tobaccos. If it's all you've got then you're glad to have it. The taste is not bad, but once you're not starving any more it gets dull real quick.

The fact that it is completely innuocuous however, does lend it to experimentation if you happen tohave some. And it's cheap enough for the experiments to fail and you won't be out much. I tried casing it using hard candy flavorings with some success. Also if you need to tone down some other tobacco blend it's very good for that. Lacking its own character also means it can dilute an English/Balkan or an aromatic equally well without disturbing the flarov of the other blend.

Roddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roddy (41)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is more humectant than tobacco. Almost tastes like the plastic bag it comes in. Somewhat recommended if you are flat broke since it's cheap. I guess I wouldn't toss if if I was stranded on an island by myself but I'd give serious thought to smoking my socks first.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Completely flavorless and more humectant than tobacco, this is one putrid mess.

keep calm and smoke on Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
keep calm and smoke on (1)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

As a quick smoke I recomend this blend. However if you have an evening and want to have a relaxing and contemplative smoke this is NOT for you. The taste is weak and not much like a burley.Its a cheap tobacco, such is what one should expect from a tobacco for the price. I would like to mention one could do better or worse than this blend. When I purchased this blend for the first time it was in the new canned packaging. The canned form is moist and somewhat compacted in the can a quick shake fixes that though. I would recommend to find some prince Albert if you want a stronger flavor than this blend or some Walter raliegh for a stronger smoke.