Same tobaccos as No.904 with the addition of a special vanilla sauce for extra mildness and flavor.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsCavendish
2.5
romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (36)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I had high hopes for this from my C&D sampler, as I generally like Vanilla Cavendish. I've tried at least 3 bowls in 3 different pipes, and after the first few puffs, the light sweetness turns to an increasing bitterness, like a stale cigar butt smells, such that I'm unable to finish the bowl. Could be I got a bad batch, but I remember a similar, though less strong, bitterness, in a sample of C&D Spice Nut I'd had.

For a Vanilla Cavendish I'd recommend McClelland's Vanilla (hard to find) or Stokkebye PS-9 Vanilla Creme.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is Scandinavian tobaccos in Cavendish cuts, with a Vanilla sauce.

It took me about 4 ounces of # 905 before I could really make a true review of this blend.

The first few bowls I was really undecided if I wanted to pursue this blend or just give up on it as another weak tasting Vanilla. After many bowls in different pipes I decided to smoke this blend in the same pipe. After taking an old GBD Pot that I have had forever and gave it a thorough cleaning with Everclear and then sweetening the bowl with Rum 151. After around ten bowls the flavor and taste became enticingly better.

This is an aromatic and if one does not like an aromatic I would not encourage you to even attempt smoking this blend. Although, if one would want to try an aromatic I would recommend this tobacco as it has no tongue bite and it is very gentle on the palate.

I smoked this in various parts of the day and night and found this best after dinner in the evening. To really enjoy this blend I found it really needed to be smoked slow in a medium bowl.

As a connoisseur of the Vanilla aromatic tobacco blends I find this one to be an excellent one to add to my list of favorites.