Same tobaccos as Chocolate Cavendish with the addition of a special vanilla sauce for extra mildness and flavor.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsCavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Taste
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
1.0

This is the Red Virginia Cavendish that I rated at 2 stars with some god awful topping. Has a vaguely vanilla flavor and some other things. Gets bitter and harsh. Not worth my time and definitely not worth my money. Doesn't happen very often, but I couldn't finish the first bowl.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (43)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I had high hopes for this from my C&D sampler, as I generally like Vanilla Cavendish. I've tried at least 3 bowls in 3 different pipes, and after the first few puffs, the light sweetness turns to an increasing bitterness, like a stale cigar butt smells, such that I'm unable to finish the bowl. Could be I got a bad batch, but I remember a similar, though less strong, bitterness, in a sample of C&D Spice Nut I'd had.

For a Vanilla Cavendish I'd recommend McClelland's Vanilla (hard to find) or Stokkebye PS-9 Vanilla Creme.