Among connoisseurs of Bourbon, taste denotes both quality and subtle nuances among brands. The lasting flavor of SPS 2007 Bourbon begs for such comparison. From first to last puff, this rich mixture of Black Cavendish, Virginia and Burley is sure to please.

FlavoringBourbon
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
Wiseguy1982 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wiseguy1982 (23)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

I may no longer be able to consume alcohol, but even I never thought I could smoke it.

WOW!

I figured this one would be a shot in the dark Aro. like most of the ones I have had before.

WRONG!

The "bag note" was like sticking my nose right into a bottle of Jim Beam! I could even detect the subtle spices in the bourbon flavoring.

After I packed the bowl nice and full, got her light and started puffing, I was surprised that I hadn't taken one drink. This baccy is seriously spot on when delivering the bourbon flavor and aroma!

Now, with something like this, I would imagine being one dimensional is part of the idea. The name of the tobacco is bourbon, why should its flavor profile change?

My only complaint is that if you smoke it too fast, it's like drinking too fast, it catches up with you and bites! (Burley and tend to go toe to toe.) Also, it burns very nicely all the way down, leaving little to no dottle. An excellent detail!

On a great side note, my wife walked into the bedroom and declared, "That smells really good! That other one stunk, smoke this one."

Heh, if she only understood.

This tobacco gets a 10 from me, and a spot in my regular rotation.

Thwarp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thwarp (16)

I got this as a freebie so I had no problem or likeing it or putting it to shame. I half expected to put it to shame. I honestly can't.

I'm not a drinker anymore and when I was I never found a palate for bourbon or whisky. I have an old bourbon barrel on the back porch and on a hot summer day you can smell the bourbon resins. I actually like the smell of bourbon but I can't drink it for nothing. I'm definately not an eccentric when it comes to bourbons either.

In any case I can accurately say that the pouch note is that of bourbon. Quite nice indeed. I even detected a whiff of alcohol vapors escaping the pouch as well. Definately not an artificial casing here. However the toby was pretty dry. Almost crunchy dry but not quite. Pretty much like Prince Albert from a pouch kind of dry.

Lights up just fine with little to no effort (no doubt due to the dryness). Your first few puffs will suprise your nose and tongue. There's definately bourbon there. The nice part is that it is not over bearing. Just nice bourbon flavor and aroma. Burn to a nice white ash.

Oh yes the tobacco flavors come through nicely but do not dominate the bourbon. Nor does the bourbon dominate the toby's. Burley and Cavnedish are evident in a nice roundish and complimentary way. The additon of the virginia was a nice touch as it adds that edge to the bourbon for a nice finishing note. I did expect a soapy after taste to develope which is evidence of artificial flavorings. It never happened.

Yes it can bite if you're a power puffer. Sip it and you'll do just fine.

All 3 toby's are there. You can taste them and the bourbon as well. The room note is quite pleasant though I wouldn't be surprise if your better half takes slight issue with it. I'll keep this in my rotation and most likely buy more when the stash gets low enough.

I did get a case of dry mouth but it wasn't wicked bad. But enough to make mention here. - .5 for the dry mouth and - .5 for the dry pouch. I'd like to see the toby with a little more moisture content. That would most likely solve both minor issues.

3 stars.... definately worth tryiing.

Thanks for the freebee Altadis.