Among connoisseurs of bourbon, taste denotes both quality and subtle nuances among brands. The lasting flavor of SPS 2007 Bourbon begs for such comparison. From first to last puff, this rich mixture of black cavendish, Virginia and burley is sure to please.

Blended ByCarl McAllister

1.5
rap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rap (5)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is by far the worst aromatic I have ever tried. If they flavored this with bourbon it must be the stuff that couldn't even make the bottom shelf. The best way I can describe the taste is... imagine taking a plain Bayer asprin and letting it melt on your tongue. That is how bitter this blend tastes. A decent bourbon is aged for several years and allowed to mellow and develop flavor from the tanins in the oak barrels. They must have used fresh distilled whiskey or pure grain alcohol as a topping because it surely is not Kentucky Straight Bourbon. They should stick with a simple spirit, like rum, to create aromatic tobacco blends. I suppose a complex spirit like bourbon is not going to translate well as a topping for tobacco and you end up with something awful, like you have here. With all the choices a great tasting aromatics, there is no reason to waste you time or money on this one. If you like bourbon, buy yourself a nice bottle of Knob Creek small batch, or Four Roses and drink it. Spend your smoking dollars somewhere else.

I hate to give bad reviews on anything. Generally if I can't say something nice I keep quiet. But this one was so disappointing I felt I should share my experience.

Pipe Used: Amadeus Akropolis

BryGuySC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BryGuySC (26)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The “bag note” of this one is rich and boozy. I was a little excited about this one. The first pipe tobacco I ever bought was whisky-flavored blend from a bulk jar at my local B&M. This was a pleasant smoke. It burned smoothly and had a mild but nice flavor. The bourbon was not overwhelming, but definitely showed up often. Unfortunately, that was about it. I was wishing for more in this blend. All in all, it was just ok. It was nutty and definitely had whisky added to it, but I was hoping for more. I guess my expectations were a little high, and I was ultimately disappointed by a perfectly reasonable smoke