A delicate balance of several Scandinavian tobaccos in Cavendish cuts, made even more flavorful with the addition of our own exclusive formulation of natural chocolate and cocoa bean.

Notes: Reminiscent of Lane Ltd. CC5 blend. This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Whisky
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong

Adrian B. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adrian B. (25)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

On opening the tin you a greeted with a great and full chocolate aroma that promises great things, but for me at least in the smoking, this blend didn't stand up.

While I didn't experience the harshness some have reported, I didn't get much chocolate flavor either aside from the initial light where it is very prominent. The tobacco is high quality, burns well gives a good volume of smooth smoke, but as a chocolate aromatic it doesn't make it for me.

Pipe Used: cobs mostly

Age When Smoked: tin fresh

Purchased From: SPC

Severian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Severian (2)
Medium to Strong Medium Very Full Tolerable

Flavors were not there, seemed harsh and cigarettish to smoke. Emptied the pipe before I finished the smoke. Not recommended.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

I bought this tin after sampling Berry Good!. I loved how the berry blend had an aromatic taste but it still tasted like tobacco. This blend shares that same characteristic. There is definitely a burly element because the tobacco has a nice nutty flavor. I am not sure but maybe even a bit of VA sweetness. As all students of the leaf know Cavendish is more a process than a variety, it can be either Burly VA or Kentucky. The tin note is of strong chocolate and was initially a turn off. The appearance was light brown (read milk chocolate). The tobacco packs extremely easily and since the tobacco was a bit wet in the tin, I left it in the pipe over night. The pipe the next afternoon was still a bit moist but it burned very well and never got too hot. Two matches was all it took from top to bottom and surprisingly there was little moisture left at the bottom of the bowl. The room note according to my wife is second to none. She says it smells like chocolate chip cookies. The taste was as said before more tobacco with a nice chocolate undertone. If puffed too aggressively all flavor goes away and the tobacco gets a bit bitter. This is definitely a mild milk chocolate and is rather delightful.

Fred T Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fred T (67)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

As a chocolate lover and an aromatic lover, I had to give this a try. It's a nice smooth smoke with chocolate overtones. It's pretty good, but I'm not jumping up and down crazy about it. A little bit boring for me. If you like chocolate aromatics, it's worth a try. I prefer McClelland's Tastemaster. Tastemaster is a 4. This one gets a 3.

Pipe Used: Grant Batson

Purchased From:

Similar Blends: McClelland's Tastemaster..