This mixture owes its distinctive aroma to a luxurios blend of Black Cavendish tobaccos and the interesting contrast of Virginian Ribbon Cut. This is an exceptional mild blend, which burns smoothly.

BrandDavidoff

3.1
farhan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
farhan (5)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

One of my favorites, never before I have smoked an aromatic to be so mild and sweet ! Pros. Extremely pleasant in every aspect; cool burning, wonderful taste and aroma. No tongue bite,in fact a soft and mellow palate hours after the smoke, doubles the pleasure you get from this fantastic tobacco. Cons. High price A benchmark for mild aromatics,for sure !

Pipe Used: BC Millesime 2012

maigret fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maigret fan (57)
Strong Medium Full Pleasant

A nice aromatic from Davidoff, rather satisfactory as some of their blends may not raise to the expectations one has to the name of the brand.

Pleasant smoke. The aromatic touch is discreet, lightly vanilla and caramel. To be tried by smokers used to aromatics and although by the other ones who may want to have a try.

ifarghaly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ifarghaly (13)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

A lovely, creamy, sweet, and cool smoke indeed. perfect with a morning tea or coffee. It doesn't have any tongue bite that I know off, and you can feel the quality of the Virginia they used. A definite blend to keep in my rotation. I knocked off a star for its price. a 50g tin costs 19$ where i live

CTS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CTS (110)
Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Burns smooth and cool, albeit very mild in all respects. Slight flavoring goes fairly well with the base tobacco. Sometimes get a caramel-like note from the background flavor that hints of vanilla. Takes to the light easily, and burns clean. 2 stars for what it offers.

Pipe Used: Old basket pipe marked "BR".

Age When Smoked: Tin date 17-DEC-2012

Purchased From: CI

BDHela Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BDHela (1)

Being an avid Virgina and English smoker I was apprehensive but still picked this up at the recommendation of the sales person at the Davidoff store in Manhattan.

I have to say I was surprised. I have been around the block with aromatics and have stayed away from them due to the bite and just sheer annoyance in trying to nurse them without bite.

This particular offering had a great burn with no bite and was very pleasant to smoke.

Great breakfast or before bed smoke.

Recommended.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (111)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

The smell in the tin reminds me of my mother's christmas cake and those sweet spice smells of winter. A very smooth, quite smooth smoke with little, if any tongue bite and fills the room with a pleasant smell.

Hillbilly08 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hillbilly08 (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Since the Duty Free at Changi Airport only offers Davidoff brand of pipe tobaccos, I quickly read up on Tobacco Reviews while in transit and this one came up with best comments ahead of other Davidoff offerings on sale at the airport (Blue, Green, Danish). I was not disappointed. It is a mild and mellow mixture, low on nicotine and not prone to bite. Virginia and Cavendish combine well, and the vanilla flavouring is kept to a discrete minimum. Room note is pleasant. Burns well with minimum or no relighting, leaves fine ash. Others commented on "high price" being around SGD$18 at Changi Airport (around USD$16 ?). To those of you, I say - try buying pipe tobacco over the counter in our neck of woods, Australia and New Zealand, where you'll get Borkum Riff or Erinmore if you're lucky, and pay around $70-$80 per 50g packet retail.

Pipe Used: Georg Jensen briar with a 9mm filter

Age When Smoked: straight from the tin

Purchased From: Duty Free Changi Airport Singapore

meanska Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanska (11)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Fine morning smoke with coffee. Very mild and refined cavendish, smoked in a pipe dedicated to mild, aromatic blends. I actually prefer something with a bit more flavor in the morning, but might purchase this again.

Pipe Used: Stanwell

alesouza Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
alesouza (4)

This is a great mixture if you like virginia with a little bit of aromatic vanilla. This is very mild and pleasant. And it has no bite.

KahveDelisi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KahveDelisi (45)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

nice once in a while and tastes good but too expensive for what it delivers.

Bruno Modigliani Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bruno Modigliani (2)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It's an aromatic tobacco by Davidoff. In the mild and very mild range of tobaccos the Red Mixture is extremely recommended.

Nice aroma, regular burning (though I've noticed the temperature slightly higher than normal) and wonderful taste.

What is quite astonishing in this tobacco is the first smell after you've just opened the tin... extremely pleasant. And after lit, although with a different scent, it keeps a wonderful aroma (even my wife who doesn't like lit tobacco enjoys the room smell kept by this blend).

Very appropriate to be the first pipe tobacco, mainly if the rookie is not a cigarette smoker (due to its aromatic profile and mildness). Almost no tongue bite for an aromatic.

It was my first purchase and I have no regrets. Goog choice for the summer (or if you live in a tropical country like me).

Nowadays Davidoff's Red Mixture is not my favourite tobacco any longer but it still fills some bowls up quite often... Totally recommended considering its characteristics! The only drawback would be the price, quite high for a 50g tin.

aviviljoen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aviviljoen (18)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Looks and smells great in the tin. Packs, lights, and smokes exceptionally well. The taste is quite sweet, but delicious. Room note is also exceptional - I get compliments when I smoke it. I can smoke this tobacco at the office. One of my favourites.

muntajab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
muntajab (11)

Wonderful mild high quality tobacco. It has a special smell and taste.

hubup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hubup (13)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Nice pleasant tobacco with a smooth aroma. No bites at all but i found it very dampish. I don't know if it is because of my pipe but i had to change my balsa filter in the middle of smoking

Pipe Used: Savinelli 115 KS Extra Dry

Purchased From: Duty Free

amirnader Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
amirnader (7)

It does not say much on the package. When you open it it has a nice smell and I like the coloring of the blend. It burns smoothly but a little bit too hot. The flavor is pleasant, and overall it is enjoyable. I'd go for it again, however it is a bit expensive.

Gilthoniel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gilthoniel (25)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is what they have to call Davidoff Mild Mixture in Europe, because the politicians think we're too dumb to understand that even though it's mild, it's still cancerous. Anyway, I like it. See my review of Mild Mixture for details.

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (59)

Davidoff's blue mixture was an unassuming, yet strangely satisfying brew.

I was eager to try the red.

I can't detect a great deal of difference between this and the blue misture if I'm honest. The same clean (yet not soapy) aroma awaits you in the tin.

The tobacco looks pretty similar and burns and behaves much the same.

I have to say that after an enforced absence from the pipes due to a cold, which neutralised my taste buds, this blend was the one I turned to first. Like an old friend.

It's not strong or harsh and tongue bite unlikely even by a demon puffer.

I think there's a green mixture as well. I think I know what I might find...when I try it, which I most certainly will.