An aromatic blend of black and golden tobaccos. A soft and exceptionally mellow smoke. Delightful, aromatic taste. A true pleasure journey.

BrandMac Baren
Packaging40g Pouch

Visit company website

Strength
Taste

2.3
Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (39)

This is the 2nd tobacco I tried since I began pipe smoking. Upon opening the tin, I could finally see and smell the difference between tobaccos, having only ever seen or tasted cigarettes. It smells sweet, with hints of raisins or dates. It's moist - could use a little drying out. Can get bitey and bitter. Smoking, the flavour isn't too bad, mild, but nothing too spectacular. I will come back to this in a few months while I make my journey around the world of pipe tobacco.

-- update -- very nice easy going aromatic. Enjoyed it a lot more after becoming a little more exposed to pipe smoking and different tobaccos!

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum pride

Purchased From: Pipes and cigars online

Aomalley27 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Aomalley27 (4)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

I received a pouch of this stuff with a pipe order. It starts off with some tastes of maple syrup, and gradually picks up faintly the taste of caramel. This second note was actually quite pleasant, although it only lasted a small fraction of time. The bowl burned too hot for the 2nd half of the smoke, and it developed a bitter/acrid bite. Quite disappointing, even though it was free. I'd bump the review up a star had that pleasant caramel flavor lasted. Alas, this novice gives the review he has.

cigarcohiba Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cigarcohiba (23)

A nice over the counter aromatic pipe tobacco. The proper pace needs to be found in order to enjoy. When smoked too fast it gives a tongue bite, acidic, taste. A very nice room note.

Patryk Georgevitch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Patryk Georgevitch (9)

Nice flavor in the beginning. Fills very well in the bowl, tends to burn really hot and give a tongue bite if smoked quickly, a bit tricky to find the perfect speed of smoke. A LITTLE ADVICE: DRY THE CONTENT OF A BOWL FOR 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO SMOKING! The only real downside to it is that it looses its aromas once half the bowl have been smoked! yet, pleasant and enjoyable.

Pipe Used: Vauen, Chacom, Peterson

Age When Smoked: 1 year

MerleDixon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MerleDixon (4)

One thing I can say about this tobacco is that I will be keeping some stored for a long time...because I just do not like this stuff. I drifted away from aromatics after smoking this tobacco and have found so many other tobaccos that I like a lot. The taste of this blend is extremely underwhelming, and the only way I can get flavor is by smoking it hot. Then I get bit. I have a feeling this will get better with age and also smoke a bowl here and there just for a change of pace.

19volks71 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
19volks71 (9)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I never buy the same aromatic twice, and this is no exception. I'm not sure why I bother sometimes. As with any aromatic, the room/car/air around you smell fantastic throughout your smoke. But as you churn on: -the flavorings coat your tongue -the moisture saturates the lower half and really heats up -after the quarter of the bowl, the only ones enjoying your smoke are the people around you.

Beginning pipe smokers, Do not shy away from nor be intimidated by English/Balkan/Virginia blends. Do not let anyone convince you that aromatics are where to start. This stuff belongs in Black and Milds. Any time I buy a cliche aromatic such as this, I'm cleaning my pipes with alcohol the next day and vowing never to try them again.

This is the third Mac Baren blend I have smoked and disliked. Very disappointing.

Head for G.L. Pease or Cornell and Diehl if you want to find out just how delicious tobacco can be on its very own without the help of flavor and casings. Thank me later.

PersianBaccy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PersianBaccy (13)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

The tobacco in pouch looks and feels like captain black royal. it is even as damp. Why would you copy crap? I wonder.

7 Seas Royal . Having heard a mix of reviews I was unsure what to expect ! The moisture in mine I found to be of a good level . The unlit aroma of it is nothing exceptional but it does have a sweetness to it . The igniting of it is very non-demanding and it stays lit well , delivering a good/even burn . The actual smoke I found quite pleasant as it is a good balance and not too "Cavendish heavy" as some blends with Cavendish in allow the Cavendish to be far too dominant in the mix and mask the other tobaccos in it . In this you still get a chance to appreciate the other Tobaccos in it . The nicotine level is not too much , nor too little and if you choose to inhale it doesn't hurt your throat . In all it is not especially extraordinary but it is a mild steady blend .

Pipe Used: Commoys Elegance

Purchased From: Smoke King

marosi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marosi (47)

This blend falls victim, as many aromatics do, to being reviewed against type. In this case Mac Baren was going for something very specific with the 7 Seas blends, and it makes no sense to review these in a vacuum and ignore that fact. Comparing this, for example, to the HH Line is like comparing a fruit smoothie and a steak as if they were the same thing. In this case the 7 Seas blends are reflections of very traditional american style aromatics. Within that context I think that they are very good (perhaps the best currently offered) reflections of that style of pipe tobacco. A significant caveat is that Mac Baren uses a base of virginia for these blends instead of burley. I personally like the result, as I find that they retain the American style and flavor, but offer a more well-rounded smoking experience with a little more depth of flavor and sweetness. Of course, they still use burley as well, so that flavor component is retained.

A major difference in my estimation is that flavor and quality of the cavendish. The cavendish found in american blends is often awful, with a strange odor and strong flavor that funks pipes and leaves an aftertaste. Mac Baren has a very fine cavendish which leaves no aftertaste, has softer, purer tobacco flavor, and has better smoking characteristics in that it burns and lights readily.

With respect to the burn characteristics of this blend, I find it is a nice smoke. It packs and lights easily, and stays lit without much effort. Of course, like most blends everything works better when it is not dripping wet. While I think the humidity is good out of the tin, I prefer to dry it out a little. I am surprised at the comments describing this as hot or harsh. It is neither, and if that is what you are experiencing it is most likely due to your technique, and not the tobacco. Sometimes mouth chemistry can be an issue as well, but as a baseline all of the 7 Seas blends are very mild in terms of tongue bite.

This is a mild blend, and Mac Baren describes it as such. The flavor is described as having vanilla and honey. I would agree that it is a very mild smoke, both in tobacco and aromatic flavor. This is pretty typical of American style aromatics, especially those which are not laden with artificial flavors and humectants.

You could describe this as a four star blend in the sense that it accomplishes exactly what Mac Baren intended for it, which is a very mild American style aromatic smoke. I give it two stars because it lacks any wow factor which makes it exceptional, but that should not be interpreted as a strike against the blend. I believe it to be superior in quality, for example, in every sense, to the Boswell aromatics which receive an unwarranted level of esteem, where they as a small tobacco shop merely buy and mix a bulk tobacco product and spritz it with flavors. The virginia used in the 7 Seas blends is unique, for example, and not something that Boswell could ever achieve or offer. There are some interesting videos online where you can watch and hear about the care that Mac Baren took into making this product in an American style.

If you are looking for a mild aromatic smoke that smells nice and will not offend, this is a nice choice. The quality of the leaf and final product is far superior to drugstore blends, and this is reflected in the experience. FYI I give the 7 Seas Regular 3 stars as I feel that it has a richer flavor while still being a cool, mild smoke. Nothing wrong with the Royal, though, and if you are looking to try some aromatics in this style I would include it in your tasting flight.

Pipe Used: Kai Nielsen Billiard

Age When Smoked: 1.5 years

WillBrown Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillBrown (27)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Unnoticeable

"A soft and exceptionally mellow smoke. Delightful, aromatic taste. A true pleasure journey." So say the folks from MacBaren. Now, let me correct them, "A harsh and exceptionally non-descript smoke. Disgustful, aromatic taste. A real nightmare." My throat was sore for three days after smoking this blend, and it ghosted one of my pipes.

Why couldn't I find a better pipe/tobacco shop in Paris, France? It's not that I didn't try (the one I went to was recommended by several people. To protect the innocent, I'll leave it nameless, but will say it was located very close to the Louvre. Their pipe selection was fine, but not so with their tobacco, a real disappointment on that count). I purchased a pouch of this stuff because of MacBaren's generally good reputation for quality pipe tobacco—this is not one of them.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin Canadian

Age When Smoked: ?

Purchased From: A pipe/tobacco store in Paris, France.

Honzz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Honzz (10)

boc777 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
boc777 (18)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

As a huge fan of the MacB lineup, I am positively underwhelmed by this product. When I opened the bag, I loved the smell. Reminded me of a well balanced aromatic, something like 1Q with perhaps a twist on it. What a disappointment when I lit a match to it. Just not a pleasant taste or room note. Very musty and pungent. Not for me. I love the HH Highland blend (see my review) so I am not a MacB hater. I think they struck out with this one. To be fair, this was my first bowl. I will age it, and hope for the best. If my mind changes in a year, I will gladly update.

Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Being a regular smoker of Mac Baren Mixture and vanilla cream, I want here to inform everyone that Mac Baren has recently changed their Mixture and Vanilla cream blend as follow:

In Mixture they removed about 90% of the honey casing, the distinctive mixture flavor and tin aroma is almost gone, it is now like any plain burley tobacco, with no sweet aromatic flavor.

In Vanilla cream: 90% of the vanilla topping is gone,the tin aroma has now absolutely NO Vanilla scent, however, the tobacco remain the same, but less sweet with no vanilla flavor AT ALL.

I tried many tins from different country:US, Europe, and Asia, they are all the same, the casing and top flavoring is not there anymore (the bite also).

Did anyone experienced the same problem?

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)

I think this stuff is what Captain Black attempts to be. It have a delicate aromatic quality rather than the cloying, sickeningly sweet, glycol saturated, goopy mess that the CB blends all have.

It is similar to 7 Seas Reg but, IMO, it isn't quite as good. I would rate it at 4 stars if it didn't have a slight bite. The bite isn't terribly bad but I have to limit myself to 2 pipefuls of it per day.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)

similar to RPL-6 and captain black royal in their sweetness and fruity notes but certainly not CUBE fruity. the aroma is acceptable to many (which is always very subjective to people). the tobacco holds the fire perfectly and smoke on the mild side. if you like your tobacco mild with a sweet touch to it, i recommend this blend.

Davie Jones Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Davie Jones (61)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I was very hesitant, based on the reviews, to give 7SR a try. But, curiosity is what it is. And I have discovered a high quality, soft and tasty aromatic that I might just buy again. Very similar to Captain Black Royal in its composition and aroma, the comparison stops there: 7SR does not bite like CBR, does not have a chemical taste and aftertaste, smokes dry and has taste when smoked.

Budman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Budman (24)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Since I have not been an aromatic fan for some time I don't want to be to critical. I received this as a sample and left it sit for quite some time before I opened it, maybe close to a year. It has a pleasant smell in the pouch and appears to have an additive (PG) which is probably still why it is so moist after all this time. As has been said this is a lighter version of Captian Black. It's not a bad thing it's just to much flavoring for me. It lights well and continues to smoke well through out the bowl but becomes to sweet and harsh because of the additives. This will leave a stink in your pipe so have an a pipe dedicated to aromatics. If you are just starting into the world of pipes and you like aromatics I would say try it. Otherwise move on as there are so many other blends out there to smoke.

CornCobBob61 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCobBob61 (10)

I found this to be a pleasent smoke...The other reviewers that compared this to Capt Black(white)were spot on.I feel its like Capt Black but milder taste and less tongue bite.I am a fast puffer and smoked this in my Missouri Meerschaum freehand,which has a 3in bowl,packed all the way up its about a 80 minute smoke for me.I finished this bowl in 50 minutes.So I was puffing faster then normal.I had no tongue bite at all.As I said tjhis was a very mild smoke for me I prefer a stronger vanilla taste so I wont be buying this again but only because of that.It is a very very good smoke and if I didnt like extremely sweet aromatics this would be in my rotation.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (84)

Smooth, sweet , satisfying, no tongue bite problems. Not a goopy aromatic. Somewhere between goopy-over-flavored/overly-sweet and a light aromatic blend. Underneath the light flavoring, there's a nice toasty cavendish flavor and a slight almost salty taste. Enjoyable. Quality tobaccos make this a nice step up from similar Captain Black blends. Vanilla flavor of course. I enjoyed 7 Seas regular more. A great blend for the new aromatic smoker. An easy option for the more advanced.

Susanna Hoffs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Susanna Hoffs (74)

Upon opening the pouch this stuff did smell similar to Regular blend (Chocolatey/vanill'ish) , however there was a very slight hint of aniseed, spice and 'Old fashioned Clan' (Not the modern day toxic waste abortion that is currently peddled out by Theodore Neywhatshisname). It should be noted though that these latter notes were very subtle. To me at least.

The contents of the 40gm pouch contained a rough cut ribbon mixture of quite dry tan and dark coloured leaves.

When I do somke Macbaren's blends I usually smoke them with a 9mm carbon filter, as I find this generally can round off the harshness that can come with a lot of Macblowtorch's blends.

Initial light was relatively mild and pleasant, again there were similar notes to the 7 Seas Regular blend that I have previously tried. For example there was again the chocolatey aroma, however there was also this little spice that I cannot recall from regular blend. The initial 'Old fashioned Clan' note disappeared from all senses after lighting, though there did remain a wee trace of aniseed.

Unfortunately Royal blend seemed to come with a heavier hit of harshness than the Regular blend which at times could be harsh but only when puffed aggressively. Even with the filter, Royal blend seemed more inclined to misbehave.

Taken for what it is, and the price market it's aimed at it's an ok sort, but I wont buy it again. I do prefer 7 Seas Regular if given the choice, and I'm yet to try 7 Seas Gold.

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Just receieved my 100 grams tin today. Opened the tin and wow - what a wonderful aroma. Caramel and brown sugar for sure. Unlike what other fellow pipe friends are saying I did not find this blend the same as Captain Black royal. It is certainly a Mac Baren aromatic, similar IMHO to vanilla cream loose cut. Does not have the loose cut plugs though. Moisture contents for me was alright. The blend is beautiful to see... Golden and black leaves meld together. Packs nicely on one of my adorable Vauen's. Lights easily. Room note is pretty decent. Nicotine contents is medium, not light like others perceived. Taste is good, sweet, did not burn very hot for me, blue velvety smoke, by mid to end of bowl some smokiness perceived, of course I am not talking latakia here...but a decent tobacco flavour. Liked it very much. A decent aromatic for sure.

CapnStuby Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CapnStuby (32)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This tobacco is awful. The tin is nice, it smells good in the can and seems like real tobacco but I could NOT get it to hold a light! 8 relights in the first 5 minutes. No amount of drying, repacking, pipe switching or lighting techniques I've picked up over 20 years helped. What little smoke I did get had no real flavor and was fairly bitter. I am a mostly English and Virginia smoker but I do like a nice aromatic every once in awhile....but this was odious and a complete waste of time, money and the wear and tear on my pipe. I've got it soaking in salt and alcohol overnight to get the goop out.

I've never had good results with Danish tobaccos and I will never buy one, again. I tossed the weed inside and kept the tin.

Pipe Used: Brookfield Bent

Purchased From: JRcigar.com

Joeray Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joeray (61)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This is the blend that i still smoke it until today. Sometime i love the smell when i open the tin, the aroma is like im standing at the cake shop. Smooth and easy to enjoy.

keremgulermen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
keremgulermen (10)

A variation of CB Royal. Unnecessary as the CB tobaccos.

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

A fair aromatic with a light casing that somehow reminds of Capt. Black, although this is a much better tobacco. Recommended as a all-day tobacco.

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (45)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This was my first venture to the 7 Seas line from Mac Baren. I enjoyed it a lot. Burned evenly to a white ash and didn't give any tongue bite. A nice flavor of vanilla, rum, and either caramel or maple syrup was noted. The Mrs. liked the room note a lot. Definitely could be a go to or all day smoke. It is a little more moist than usual though, so I'm sure most people will prefer to dry it out a bit before smoking.

Road King Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Road King (2)

I started off liking this blend. Excellent smell in the tin, nice mild smoke. Then, it felt harsh after 2/3 of the way through. In the end I gave the second half of the tin away to a friend who enjoyed it. I did not. I agree with other reviewers who feel that this is a fancied-up drugstore blend. I enjoy many other MacBaren blends. This one is not bad, just nothing to get excited about.

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (81)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

I had such expectation for this blend. When I first noticed it I was curious and came to this site to see what others were saying. I read someone's comments (I can't remember who) that this was an attempt by Mac Baren to enter the traditional aromatic market in the U.S. and appeal to Captain Black fans. I really thought this blend would be different, a recreation of Captain Black in the Mac Baren style. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this blend; quite pleasant and mild, BUT....

I am disappointed, plain and simple. What I expected to be a Mac Baren's version of Captain Black turned out to be nothing more than Captain Black in a fancy tin. This is EXACTLY the same as Captain Black.

It is not a bad blend by any means, but I would not buy it again and here is why: If I am in the mood for this type of blend I will buy a pouch of Captain Black Royal, which is locally available, cheaper, and EXACTLY THE SAME.

Some of my favorite blends are Mac Baren's, but sometimes I don't understand how they put out certain blends, like this one. Let me put it this way, if you are making an attempt to compete with an established classic product (whether you like it or not Captain Black falls in the category) then you should:

A - Make your product stand out B- NOT make it an exact copy C - Make it an improvement

This blend might have a chance to compete with its cheaper clone if they make it available in pouches at grocery and drug stores, otherwise I don't really see it being a best seller. Now, I am not a market expert, but I think this blend will suffer a similar fate to Mac Baren's now extinct coconut blend (Ha! bet you forgot that one...) If you really like this stuff and find it, somehow, better than Captain Black then it may be wise to stock up.

Mac Baren is a company that makes quality blends and some of my favorites as well, I just sometimes wonder if blends like this one come out because they need to get rid of stock.

Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (155)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Well, I shall cut this very short.

I place this “navy blue” pouched version of 7seas right in the middle of Regular and Golden. It ‘s just the balance of both others, the former being almost dark and the latter almost golden. The flavour elements of both others melded in the same blend. Nothing wrong with Royal Blend, but I don't find it equally interesting like its brothers.

NA Morrison Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NA Morrison (32)

This is not a bad blend I got a free sample with an order I placed online and found it good enough to buy a tin. I find this to be better the captian black as it has more flavor. This would be a good blend to start with for a first time smoker who likes sweet flavors. This blend smokes down very well and has very little bite. I would recomend this over CAO bella vanilla with 7 seas royal being more manageable. I am interested in trying the other blends in the 7 seas line

Sons of Reagan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sons of Reagan (7)

I love this blend. It makes for a great after dinner smoke, as it has just enough taste to cap a meal very nicely. Absolutely no bite and stays lit with about 15 minutes of drying. I recieved this as a sample from smokingpipes.com and will purchase a pound very shortly.

radioisotope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
radioisotope (17)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I have smoked quite a few Mac B blends and like most of them but this was at the bottom of my list. It is just an average fruity aromatic, with a little Vanilla. The flavoring almost ruined the tobacco flavor. By the end of the bowl I wanted to dump it out because it got to be so bitter. On the bright side it didn't give me any tongue bite. It was better than some drugstore tobacs, but I expect more from Mac B.

griffonwing Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
griffonwing (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

The one thing that I have noticed about Mac Baren blends is there are very subtle flavours in their tobacco blends. I can take 3 different pipes, fully cleaned, fill them up, and get 3 differing tastes from the same tobacco. It all depends on the cut of the briar, the tightness of the grain, and also on the lingering flavours of the previous tobacco.

That being said, this 7 Seas Royal blend is very smooth, and so full of flavor in my Jacopo. As such, I gave my Jac a salt and rum soak, fully cleaned and lightly sanded the interior so that I could harness the full flavor of this magnificent blend. I now devote this Jacopo specifically to this blend of tobacco.

The room note is most excellent, and it brings to mind seaside taverns of old, just as it's name implies. This may not be a blend for every day smoking, but it is wonderful for an evening after a nice dinner.

I daresay that many of the reviewers who have given this a 1-2 star review are those who either are not keen on any type of flavored tobaccos, or who are smoking this tobacco in a cheap, low-grade pipe, or in a pipe whose cake is that of a different type.

Hacker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hacker (2)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I´d like MB blands and smoke some of it everyday, but I will do a big mistake buing this tobacco. It is smoked like clean air. I´d overheat my pipe trying to feel something, but this bland has no taste at all. This tobacco made for smellers not for smokers I think.

hgm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hgm (14)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

This blend is surprisingly bad, almost no tobacco taste, very low in nicotine, gets bitter in the second half of the bowl. Also you can find big thick stems in the pouch, and the tobacco is too moist.

I wonder how Mac they can make this blend and "Original choice" at the same time, they are far from each other in quality, looks like something bad is going on in Mac Baren. I should get a new pouch of "original choice" and try it to see if it is a blending problem or they have changed their tobacco source or something. I really hope their other blends don't change.

update: it looks like captain black royal, and the pouch aroma is the same as captain black, the taste is very close but slightly better than captain black, this is an improved captain black with less goop and better taste.

shyrlock Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
shyrlock (2)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I really enjoyed this new MacBaren blend. It's flavor is delightful, but not overpowering. The tobacco packed, lit and smoked very nicely. I ejoyed my first bowl from start to finish, with no roughness or bite at the end. This one of the few light aromatic tobaccos that I have tried that tastes as good as it smells. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys light, pleasant smoking aromatic blends.

Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

After trying the 7 Seas Regular, I had expected much more variance from the other two blends of the 7 Seas line.

The pouch aroma, though, was almost identical to Regular (and, as it wold turn out, Gold). The cut is similar to the 7SRB, featuring more bright leaf in there, and the taste is somewhat less stuffy; I can make out the VA in there. The aroma is definitely pleasant and seems to be agreeable enough for non-smokers to not complain.

Maintenance is easy, and the smoke is cool and uniform throughout, with only a very slight bitter note in the last third of the bowl. What I am missing, mostly, is strength, and there is not much honest tobacco taste in there. As an aromatic, this blend is quite good, though.