A burley-based aromatic blend with a delightful aroma.

BrandJon's Pipe Shop
3.7
FunnyPipe727 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FunnyPipe727 (20)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

AH, my first love. This here blend was the first I ever put in a bowl, and I still smoke it. A simple house mixture of sweet, creamy black Cavendish, mild and woodsy Burley, and a touch of Virginia sweet leaf to give it that nice fruity taste and smell. The pouch note is sweet, with a subtle hint of raisins and brown sugar. The taste is mild, sweet and almost has an oatmeal flavor. Nice, thick smoking, cool burning tobacco that won't bite or goop up your pipe. This blend is a great beginner's smoke, but can be enjoyed by any who love to puff the leaf. Although it's got its fruity and cinnamon notes, this blend has a nice woodsy aftertaste that rounds out the whole flavor to be a highly enjoyable, natural, old fashioned sweet smoke. Excellent blend that can be enjoyed by everyone, smoker and non-smoker alike.

Update I wrote this review awhile ago, while I was trying a bunch of different tobacco blends. That being said, Cumberland is now almost exclusively what I smoke these days. This is an all day puffer, won't knock you on your ass or give you that nasty fuzzy feeling in your mouth, even after heavy smoking. Word of advice though, to taste the true sweetness and pleasantness of this blend, pick a pipe for it, and only smoke Cumberland in it. The cake it makes imparts a very heavy taste on any pipe, and it's best you keep this blend to one bowl of your choice. Make sure to clean it well before hand to get rid of any ghost flavors. This is a great blend for mixed company, and for any occasion. You can't go wrong with Cumberland Gap. Good for whenever, wherever, and whoever loves a good smoke.

cjone107 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cjone107 (15)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I really enjoy this blend. It starts off almost too sweet, but it mellows out soon enough. Never had an issue with tongue bite smoking this... Even as a new smoker. Definitely one of my favorite of Pat's blends.

Kribbage Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kribbage (8)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

First off let me say I really like Jon's Pipe Shop in Champaign, Il. They recently moved to an easier to get to location with ample parking. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have never left the store without a laugh or two. Cumberland Gap is what I normally smoke when I smoke an aromatic. I agree with the other reviews, but let us call this tobacco what it is. It is Lane RLP6. Pat, the owner of the store, has many custom blends he has put together, and they are simply marvelous, but this is not one of them, and I think Pat would not want false praise for something he did not create. I smoke Stonehenge, and Knightly News from Jon's, and they are both Pat's custom blends, and they are indispensable to me. Pat works wonders with his blending, and this statement IN NO WAY is meant to deride him or the store. I am merely telling it like it is.

Pipe Used: All I have