A burley-based aromatic blend with a delightful aroma.

BrandJon's Pipe Shop
Blended ByPatrick Callaghan
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

The nutty, earthy, molasses sweet burley helps form a base for the blend. The gold Virginia offers a little grass, citrus, and honey in a small support role. The black cavendish provides a little sugar and vanilla. The toppings range from light chocolate to fruit and nougat, and tone down the tobaccos a bit. Hardly has any nicotine. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a consistent flavor. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a pleasant after taste, and is an all day smoke.

cjone107 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cjone107 (18)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I really enjoy this blend. It starts off almost too sweet, but it mellows out soon enough. Never had an issue with tongue bite smoking this... Even as a new smoker. Definitely one of my favorite of Pat's blends.

Kribbage Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kribbage (32)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

First off let me say I really like Jon's Pipe Shop in Champaign, Il. They recently moved to an easier to get to location with ample parking. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have never left the store without a laugh or two. Cumberland Gap is what I normally smoke when I smoke an aromatic. I agree with the other reviews, but let us call this tobacco what it is. It is Lane RLP6. Pat, the owner of the store, has many custom blends he has put together, and they are simply marvelous, but this is not one of them, and I think Pat would not want false praise for something he did not create. I smoke Stonehenge, and Knightly News from Jon's, and they are both Pat's custom blends, and they are indispensable to me. Pat works wonders with his blending, and this statement IN NO WAY is meant to deride him or the store. I am merely telling it like it is.

Pipe Used: All I have

Purchased From: Jon's

bnocd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bnocd (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

Very tasty, smooth smoking, blend. Fruity nutty, woods- agree with all other comments. I found Cumberland be very slightly stronger than many aromatics- in a great way! Highly recomend

Pipe Used: Missouri M

Age When Smoked: New (out of bag)

Purchased From: Jon’s Pipe Shop: Champaign IL